Thread: PSP Slim not working properly, anyone could help?

1. #1 PSP Slim not working properly, anyone could help? 
    I just got this PSP that was described as not holding a charge but was not really tested much further and I am having some weird issue with it. It's a slim psp-2001, the battery case was opened and it's showing it's small PCB (I guess someone tried to do a pandora mod or something)but otherwise seem to work normally except for the fact that it doesn't show any eboot or application when put in the correct folder on the memory card. It's apparently running on M33-B4 CFW so I tried to use Hellcat’s Recovery Flasher by booting the PSP while holding the R-trigger. The recovery menu came up so I was pretty excited thinking it could be fixed in no time but for some reason when I choose to boot the recovery EBOOT (the official firmware file 500.PBP is in the same folder in GAME/RECOVERY) the memory activity led flash and then the PSP menu give me a ''This game cannot be started'' error. I tried resetting the setting and formatting the Flash01 but still same issue. I looked around the net all night but couldn't find any solution. I use a 1GB Micro-sd card in a Pro Duo adapter, the card get detected by the psp no problem and I am able to transfer file to it in USB mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't wait to be able to play homebrew again (haven't had a PSP in years).Thanks!

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    Can you access the psp's xmb menu?

Yeah I can access the XMB. It's on 5.00 M33-b4. No app or installed eboot show up on the XMB and recovery menu show but fail to launch the recovery eboot.

Follow these STEP BY STEP! You can't go wrong.
    Step 1: Update to firmware 6.60. (See Step 3 if you need to know where to put it.)
    Step 2: Download 6.60 PRO-B10
    Step 3: Place "Recovery" and "Pro" folder in your psp memory stick in the GAME folder.
    Step 4: Run Pro Installer on your psp under the Game section.
    Step 5: Press X, X, Then Let it Reboot.
    Step 6: Remove "Update" folder from the memory stick. (This is never needed again. Keep the other two files there.)
    Congrats you have lcfw.

Downloads
    6.60 Update: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    6.60 PRO-B10: http://www.pspslimhacks.com/wp-conte...10/660-B10.zip

Thanks, trying to update now but the official updater refuse to run the update without a working battery even if I'm plugged into power and I won't receive my replacement battery for at least 2 week I reckon. I guess there isn't much to do for now.

Once you receive your new battery just follow these steps and your get it working.

Haha, I was too impatient and had the idea to salvage a replacement li-ion battery from an old cellphone that was sitting in my component bin for over 7 years. I managed to create a PSP battery that charge and everything using it so I'll let you know how the update goes once the battery reach 75% charge. Look at this beauty:0

pspbatt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyV View Post
    Haha, I was too impatient and had the idea to salvage a replacement li-ion battery from an old cellphone that was sitting in my component bin for over 7 years. I managed to create a PSP battery that charge and everything using it so I'll let you know how the update goes once the battery reach 75% charge. Look at this beauty:0

pspbatt.jpg
    As long as it's using the same volt's the battery originally used your be safe. If not I would watch out. Lol. Nice job thou.

Same voltage but crap amps but it doesn't really matter as I'm only gonna use it to update the phone. It's at 62%, getting excited for 75% lol
    Last edited by SkinnyV; 01-09-2012 at 02:49 AM.

It worked, now everything is working fine. The battery did the trick. I had tried to update before but the network update was giving an error but for some reason I tried again after clearing flash01 and it went through. Thanks for the help! I now have a fully working psp slim that costed me 19,99$

Glad to hear it works. Have a good day and hope to see you again.