Thread: Psp-1003 cfw 5.50 gen-b upgrade to 6.60

1. #1 Psp-1003 cfw 5.50 gen-b upgrade to 6.60 
    I haven't modded my psp for a while.

i was wondering if someone could help me with links and a guide on how to upgrade my psp from 5.50 GEN-B(Full) CFW to the latest CFW

any help would be great

thanks

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    First you will have to do Gen Bypass which you can do as follows.

1) Open the "VSH" menu by pressing "SELECT" while in the XMB.
    2) Change "USB DEVICE" to "FLASH 0" and then press "SELECT" again to exit the VSH menu.
    3) Now go to USB connection in the XMB and open the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    4) Open the "VSH" folder and then the "ETC" folder and the "VERSION.TXT" file should be in that.
    5) Open the Version.txt file and change any "990" or "9.90" to something below "660" or "6.60" (Example "550" or "5.50")
    6) Save and close that .txt file and exit usb mode and then open the VSH menu again and change "USB DEVICE" back to "MEMORY STICK".

Note: Do NOT mess with anything else in the Flash 0 of the psp.

Now to get on the latest OFW you can do the first set of steps below, then if you would like to put CFW on the psp you can do the second set of steps after you complete
    the first set.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW and keep it where you can find it: 6.60 OFW - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and then in that GAME folder make a new folder named UPDATE (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to GAME in the psp XMB and run it.

Now to install CFW.

1) Download the CFW from this link: 6.60ME-1.6 (OFW Version) - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) go to the GAME folder just like you did in above steps. (See step 3 above if you don't know how to find the GAME folder)
    3) Delete the UPDATE folder because you will no longer need it. (Only do this step if you did the above steps for installing OFW)
    4) Place the ME_INSTALLER in the GAME folder.
    5) Exit USB mode and go run the ME_INSALLER. Run that in the XMB, go to GAME and then MEMORY STICK.
    Last edited by Flash 0; 01-11-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Hi - I'm assuming the same procedure will work with my CFW 5.50 Gen-D? (Yeah it's about time I updated it!!) Would I be wise to check what motherboard I'm using as well (even though my PSP has been modded once already?)

Many thanks

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    no your psp is fully hackable^^^^^^^^^ if it had gen-d cfw on it just follow what Flash 0 posted above and you will be fine
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Thanks for the reply Dank, much appreciated!

Thanks alot for this im also still on 5.50 Gen-D and wasn't sure if I could update to latest or not.