Thread: Major problem important questions please read :(

1. #1 Major problem important questions please read :( 
    Junior Member PSP User
    So i have a original psp 1000 model, hacked it a while ago when i first got it. Sometime in its history i changed the faceplate, but never completey took it apart to finish the back. That was a good idea. Today i grew some balls and tried to changed the back of it. While disassembling, once i got to the mother board i tried to take off the piece that connects the charger/ac adaptor to the motherboard, and i snapped the piece that connects it. It wasn't salvageable. Now, as i stand these are my options.

1. Send it to a website for a repair. This brings up a problem though, if the mother board does end up being replaced, what will happen to my firmware? Is it salvageable? What firmware do replacement 1000 motherboards come with? And finally since its a 1000, if i where to get a pandora battery if it did come back with OFW, would i still be able to downgrade it? (note im not going to sony, warranty is obviously void, however i cant rule the possibility out that a repair company will update it? Those are my biggest issues and concerns, because they would all change what my choice is.

2. Try to soder the piece back together if its possible. (i dont have soder experience but my 2 buddies do and im sure they would help if it can be done) But if i do this then if it doesnt work, the motherboard might be out of question to repair ( if its not already)

Please as many people read this and voice your options and shed some knowledge on my about the motherboard info, i really want to save my old psp.

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    It can easily be re-soldered. I have done lots over the years. If your friend can do it go for it.

Junior Member PSP User
    Well thats good to hear defiantly made my mood a bit better ( its been a bad bad bad day). I kinda planned to let them try it out either way. I guess i just need the reassurance of if it doesnt work then what am i gonna do because thats what im afraid of.

If it fails you can buy a pre-modded mobo for $30 usd.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRoses22 View Post
    If it fails you can buy a pre-modded mobo for $30 usd.
    hmmm never heard of that? what does it do?

It's the whole motherboard. Lol. Mobo is a tec word for motherboard. Depends if your pins were pulled off or part of the motherboard. Post a large pic close up of it and I can tell you now if it's a easy fix or needs professional work.

Junior Member PSP User
    ok working on it now, stay on for a sec

Don't worry I'll stay till you get your answer so your be more relaxed. Lol. After that I'm watching some videos.

Junior Member PSP User
    Photo on 2012-01-12 at 02.03 #2.jpgPhoto on 2012-01-12 at 02.05 #2.jpgPhoto on 2012-01-12 at 02.07.jpgHere my camera is pretty bad, but i think you might still be able to see. I think what happened with the wire is i pulled off the peice that comes off, as well as a small peice from the motherboard. And thank you for understanding my pain. Im buggin out lol. (kinda)

Sorry for the late reply. From what I see you have nothing to worry about. A little solder and it will work like new. Make sure to whoever does this you let them know the front edge and BOTH sides need solder. That way the connection will hold firm. Also make sure they NEVER touch solder points. Not hard. Basic soldering skill is needed. Let me know how it works out.