Thread: The PsP Market

1. #1 The PsP Market 
    Alrighty, Hello there Gents! And possible Ladies. I have read your posted guides and must admit, I am still a little mixed up. It's not my first time modding something but with this I may need to have it explained like I'm five. I'm going to be buying a psp in the next month, I'm already sure that I'm NOT going to buy a 1000 and 3000 is pretty desirable but it looks like 2000 slim is where all the fun currently resides.

Anyway, my main issue of confusion lies in the curious fact on whether or not Mods, Homebrew, all those fun things work on a 3000. I find quite a few contradictions that are just throwing me through one heck of a loop. Some 3000s can be downgraded to play some things but the effect is not permenant while some cannot be done at all. There is actually a recent post of a 3004 psp that i guess is being downgraded and hacked as well. What truely is the difference between the subpar hack on a 3000 vs a 2000. If somebody wanted the full advantage of the psps capability what system is best to go for?

I have poor vision so the screen on the 3000 is quite nice but at the same time if I'm going to spend 150$ on a psp I might as well make sure its something entirely worth it and can be used to its full potential. I see the colored 2000s are considered hackable and I do like a different looking psp.

I also know that I will never know if what I will get is hackable until I actually get the thing. This is just to mainly point me in the right direction. The contradictions on whats hackable, how much something is hackable confuses me to death.

Basically, I get that if I invest in a colored psp 2000 9/10 it will be hackable.
    BUT if I invest in a 3000 some are entirely unhackable and others are only slightly hackable and if they are turned off or the battery dies then its undone and you have to run the patch again. Is saved homebrew game status' gone? Is the harddrive wiped clean when this happens? Also, on a 3000, you can still play homebrew on the external pro duo card?

Sincerely, a confused gaming woman

You guys are probably so tired of these questions. I've read other posts, I swear. I get the 2000 thing, its 3000 thats messing with me. Thanks a bunch.
    Last edited by Tilla; 01-14-2012 at 01:56 AM.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Any PSP today can run some type of CFW just some you will have to run the PATCH on when you turn it on from the OFF state. The CFW for a hackable psp and an unhackable psp has the same potential.
    When the CFW gets wiped all you have to do is run a launcher to get back on the CFW, nothing gets deleted everything will work like normal once you run the launcher again.

So any psp will do fine. Its all basically the same, just if you get a 3000 (and a few 2000) psp you will just have to take 10 seconds when you turn the psp on to get on CFW.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    just goto best buy and buy a 3000 for 129 then you can just run a lite cfw once you get it come back honey and ill get you up and running
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Hello again, Lady and Gents, I didn't want to fog up your forums by making a separate thread so for all my psp questions; I'd like for it to continue here. I'm getting my psp hopefully, this upcoming week (Monday to Wednesday). I've already looked at some micro sds for a memory pro stick duo adapter that can fit two 16gb micros. I honestly doubt I'll need that much so I'll probably use my standard 8gb sd with a ms pro duo adapter. I think I read somewhere on here that the system supports up to 32gb of external card space.

Like most people, I have a desire to change my housing, though from the nightmare stories I hear about doing it I'll probably either do some minor replacements like change the button colors, maybe see if i can just change the front plate or pay one of you well acquainted people. Now the question is, where to find suitable housing that will actually work and not waste my time in replacing it, or frustrate the awaiting helper. I'm interested in the metallic blue, pearl white or yellow, just have to find a good place for it. I knew of a website where you could buy these things piece by piece so you could get yellow face, white back, lavender buttons if you wanted--whatever. If I find such a place, are you guys still doing this service? Some of the threads on the mod forum are outdated by a year or two.

The list of homebrew is absolutely amazing, just trying to find a website that clearly differentiates the types, with screenies, videos and detailed information on them. The techno savvy husband has worked his computer magic with my old ps1 games, I'm not sure what format he did it in but from what I have read, the psp will read any format from iso to cso to w.e else that I'm probably entirely misinformed about. If its wrong I'll just ask him to do it again in the proper format :P .

If there is anything in this post that I am misinformed about, please let me know. My next post will most likely be mon to weds when I receive my psp 3000. Then the real fun begins. @_@

alllrighty, I have my psp 3000. it had a version of 6.39? but i updated to 6.60. the other thingy, the update version says 2.81. i'm assuming that i download 6.60LME but as far as what i do with it i sorta understand. I also read that i'll need a pop loader??

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dankgame View Post
    just goto best buy and buy a 3000 for 129 then you can just run a lite cfw once you get it come back honey and ill get you up and running
    i'll go with this. or find a second hand pspGo! and install a perma cfw. NOTE*** which is ONLY on 6.20. try it on lower/higher than this and you'll fuck your psp.

Ahhhh, I'm fine with a LME as long as its not something that i'll lose my saved games, it'll wipe my pro duo card or brick my psp. 10 seconds of just running the patch again isnt so bad. Possibility of bricking it while downgrading is bad for me @_@ I'm already a skiddish wreck as it is in figuring this stuff out lol. I've got all the 6.60LME stuff i need, just gotta put this on my pro duo card and rename some files on the psp or the card itself?