Thread: PSP 1003 Custom Firmware Upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PSP 1003 Custom Firmware Upgrade. 
    Hi Guys New to the forum and PSP hacking.
    No used my psp in ages but want to start using it again, I think its a phat psp 1003 because it says that on the battery, System software 5.51. Dont have Pandora battery. Think I can upgrade to 6.60 just need a little direction?
    Thanks Guys.
    Last edited by jamesc1054; 01-14-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Where would you be getting these ISO games?
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

What ISO games?

The ones you want to put on your psp. Are you backing them up from Your UMD's or are you getting them elsewhere?
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

I dont know much about putting custom firmware onto psp and would like a little help. And yes UMD's.

Okay here you go, thats all I wanted to hear haha. Before using this make sure you have a 1k psp, look at the serial number on the bottom of the psp and it should say psp 1001 or something like that.

This guide will put you on CFW but if you would rather get on the latest OFW you can do the first set of steps below, then if you would like to put CFW on the psp you can do the second set of steps after you complete
    the first set.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW and keep it where you can find it: 6.60 OFW - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and then in that GAME folder make a new folder named UPDATE (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT (from the download) in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to GAME in the psp XMB and run it.

Now to install CFW.

1) Download the CFW from this link: 6.60ME-1.6 (OFW Version) - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) go to the GAME folder just like you did in above steps. (See step 3 above if you don't know how to find the GAME folder)
    3) Delete the UPDATE folder because you will no longer need it. (Only do this step if you did the above steps for installing OFW)
    4) Place the ME_INSTALLER in the GAME folder.
    5) Exit USB mode and go run the ME_INSALLER. Run that in the XMB, go to GAME and then MEMORY STICK.

PSP 1003 ok? and what does CFW do? Cheers

Yeah thats fine, and CFW allows you to play your UMD back ups and also it allows you to use Homebrew and use Emulators to play old games.

kk thanks for all your help I will get started after my tea.
    If there was a thanks button I would thank you 1 million times.
    Thanks x 1 million

Anytime, sorry for the questions at the beginning. Just wanted to make sure you weren't downloading ISO.
    Last edited by dankgame; 01-14-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash 0 View Post
    Anytime, sorry for the questions at the beginning. Just wanted to make sure you weren't downloading ISO.

who gives a fuck anymore the owner of the site dose not care about it why should you and lets be real im the only mod here that will do anything about it the only other would be slowman and he is now off staff
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Your right Dankgame, I just don't feel right helping them do it.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    then dont help and dont even post that always works best yo
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

K thats fine, I won't anymore unless there is question whether or not they do or don't(like in this case). Your right about not posting because it could just cause a big mess.

I have a PSP FAT, 1004 with FW 2.5.

Shall I do the same thing mentioned above?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast