Thread: Noob/poster/modder

1. #1 Noob/poster/modder 
    I would like to start this post by apologizing to all senior members, and mods if this is in the wrong area and for the questions I am about to ask if already posted alot or answered. I tried to search first before posting(modding for dummies thread). I recently and knowingly bought a modded psp with no experience in modding them or anything for that matter. So I apologize in advance.

First off I have a psp phat 1001B2. I think that's info I need to share along with the firmware I am running which is 5.00 M33-6 I do not know if this is cfw or ofw excuse my ignorance, my battery is 3.6v 1800mAh I also do not know if this is a pandora, or if I have a MMS. I did alot of reading before posting so let me know if I left any info out thats needed.

I recently bought Blood Bowl for the psp and it asked me to update to 6.20 firmware. Out of all the games i have or bought this is the first that asked me to update. I only bought it to play the nintendo and sega emulators on the go.My question is will I still be able to play the sega and nintendo games if I do this? My second question is will I need a computer for this if there is a newer cfw that I need to use to play this game, as I have no access to a computer right now, but I thought I read earlier that my model could be done without one. I could be wrong, but I'm currently on a iPod touch typing this life story(lol).

Anyone who is offended by my life story wall of txt I apologize, and anyone who helps thanks a bunch. Pleases keep in mind that I'm on a iPod touch so any links or videos you put up to help me are in a format I can follow.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    well i hate to tell you this but your gonna need a comp to download the update bro but its super simple to do so when you get to usea comp come back and ill get you up to speed
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Ok should have it back in about a week will come back when I get it back thanks Dank. Will I need a pandora or MMS? I don't think I have either is why I asked.

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    You don't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRoses22 View Post
    You don't need them.
    Thats a relief thanks for the reply. Bare with me I'm new(lol). I did some reading and some things I didn't understand is, will I just need to download the cfw update and put it in the right folders? Or will I need programs like winrar ect ect. The guy I bought it off of used to fix it for me but he lives on the west coast now and the closest modder for hire is a ways away, and I don't know how trustworthy that is.

Just place the files where the ReadMe that comes with the files tells you to. Winrar is used to unzip protected files. This is to help save size and protect from viruses. Just get the trial winrar or use 7zip. Either can unzip the files.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRoses22 View Post
    Just place the files where the ReadMe that comes with the files tells you to. Winrar is used to unzip protected files. This is to help save size and protect from viruses. Just get the trial winrar or use 7zip. Either can unzip the files.
    Ok thanks for the help see ya round in about a week when i get my laptop back.

OK. Just reply here and were finish helping you.