Thread: Looking to mod but

1. #1 Looking to mod but 
    Im new to the psp scene and Im looking to mod. I know some of the advantages, but will moding it allow me to run my backup iso games from the memory stick? and can I backup and play any of the newer games or does it mean I can only do it for my older games?

And are there any hardware mods that anyone would recommend for me to do?

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    if your a noob with hardmodding i would not even mess with it what firmware is it on upgrade it to 6.60 ofw and get back to me
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Thanks for the fw number, will do. I cant switch it on at the moment as I got it from family and need to get a charger tomorow.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    You'll also want to let us know what kind of psp it is when you get back to us. 1k, 2k, 3k or go!
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Its a 1001 version

Quick question, what are the disadvantages of doing a 6.20 or 6.60 update then doing a permanent 6.20 or 6.60 PRO-B10 patch?

I mean does that mean any new original firmware cant be downloaded, or will the playstation network stop working?

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Not really any advantages, I would just update to 6.60 since its the latest and then go to 6.60 ME 1.6 or Pro b10 if thats what you prefer. Really that 6.20 Pro patch is for unhackable as its the only CFW that you don't have to run when you first turn the psp for unhackables. It will also run on your psp if thats what you would like also.

And I believe that the PSN Will work on both of those CFWs
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.