Thread: PSP 1000 - Dual Nubs / External Controller / Analog D-Pad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 PSP 1000 - Dual Nubs / Analog D-Pad Mod 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I have a PSP 1000 (CFW M5.33 maybe?) which I have not used in years and I am looking to play Monster Hunter 3 with the English patch.

Anyways, I have been looking and looking on how to install a 2nd nub (Razor X and KAO Tutorial) for the camera in MH3 or how to get an external controller and connect it to the PSP.

I have seen people connecting PS2 controllers through the USB and I keep reading about the Razor X but I cannot find any information about installing either of them.

So what I am asking is what would be the easiest or cheapest possible way to play my PSP 1000 and have two joysticks!

*** It looks like the Camera for MH3 is mapped to the D-Pad so If anyone has some idea's how to change the D-Pad into an nub/analog please let me know!***

*EDIT*
    Alright, looks like I have my ideas down for what I want and the links helped a ton.

I am going to wire up a new internal nub to the d-pad and place the new nub on the right side of the PSP.

I bought a PSP 1000 joystick that I plan on thinning down. I also bought a Sony Ericsson K750 joystick that I am going to try out also. (If the thinned down PSP nub does not work I will use the Ericsson)

I am not sure what method I am going to use to solder the d-pad just yet, I seem to be leaning more towards the connector on the board but people say using hot glue on the ribbon works well but depending on the room and keeping the functionally of the d-pad intact is my concern.

I am also going to try and do the Sound Activated Trigger Mod using some 0603 LEDs.

I will finish it off with a white housing and the stock buttons.

Since their is not much around for this type of mod all done together I may take some pictures and write something up if people are interested.
    Last edited by Shuino; 01-18-2012 at 09:22 PM.

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    If you don't know soldering and good electronic experiences I wouldn't recommend this.

Junior Member PSP User
    I have no problems with soldiering, I have read about the Razor X but cannot find any instructions on how to install it but i have found this: [TUTORIAL] NEW Dual Nub by K.A.O.(NOOB PROOF) which I can easily do myself.

Each point for the Razor X connect to each power point of the dpad.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRoses22 View Post
    Each point for the Razor X connect to each power point of the dpad.
    I thought the Razor X worked with the Square, Triangle, X, and O buttons? Also, when purchasing it it doesn't even tell you what you need. It just says 1 Razor X and 1 PCB Board included. Not much information on it else where.

Ooops typo lol. I mean control pad. Lol. You also need a extra psp joystick and swap pcb boards then solder points a wala.

Junior Member PSP User
    This is the worst mod to find information on, my head is pretty much ready to exploded in rage. I can not seem to find anything about Razor X on a PSP 1000 only the Slim. With the Slim you need to remove the charger port and it seems that is not the case with the Fat but I am not 100% certain. Also, it does not look like any PCB is replaced you just add the Razor PCB and solder it to the existing board? Do the buttons still work along with the joystick that is added? I mean I have so many damn questions how this even fits inside the PSP yet no pictures or videos are available. I am about to say just F it and buy it and make them myself.

The fat version uses the same steps. It's originally for the slim you can just use it for the fat. It can sit inside without moving the charge port just modify the inner psp. And your swaping the inner oem joystick board with the razor x. I'm done this before I know how it works. Not really worth it.

L

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Dude I love you!

L
    There are two parts to the video

Junior Member PSP User
    Alright, looks like I have my ideas down for what I want and the links helped a ton.

I am going to wire up a new internal nub to the d-pad and place the new nub on the right side of the PSP.

I bought a PSP 1000 joystick that I plan on thinning down. I also bought a Sony Ericsson K750 joystick that I am going to try out also. (If the thinned down PSP nub does not work I will use the Ericsson)

I am not sure what method I am going to use to solder the d-pad just yet, I seem to be leaning more towards the connector on the board but people say using hot glue on the ribbon works well but depending on the room and keeping the functionally of the d-pad intact is my concern.

I am also going to try and do the Sound Activated Trigger Mod using some 0603 LEDs.

Since their is not much around for this type of mod all done together I may take some pictures and write something up if people are interested.
    Last edited by Shuino; 01-18-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuino View Post

You needed a slim as it's smaller.

Junior Member PSP User
    Thanks, I will order one now. They only cost like a buck or so for 2.

OMG ima do this a soon i get my psp 1001 and ima up load my pic and who knows ima do pic tutorials

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast