Thread: PSP 3000 or 3001 mod

1. #1 PSP 3000 or 3001 mod 
    jcg
    ok im not trying download games but i would like to mod my psp and download the games that i already have on my memory stick to play them. i dont want to really do anything that would tear it up so what are my options as far as downgrading the firmware it says psp3001 on the sticker and the system software version is 6.60. please help i looked and couldnt really find anything that pointed me in the right direction so if you want to post links or anything that will help it would be appreciated

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Note: It is still illegal to DOWNLOAD the games you own from the internet, however it is not illegal to BACK UP your games yourself. I would be glad to show you how if you would like.(It is really simple)

I would do this if I were you, it will show you how to update to 6.60 OFW and then to CFW.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW and keep it where you can find it: 6.60 OFW - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the "PSP" folder and then the "GAME" folder and then in that "GAME" folder make a new folder named "UPDATE" (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT (from the download) in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to Memory Stick in the GAME section on the PSP'S XMB.

Now to install LCFW.

1) Download the LCFW from this link and have it ready: 6.60LME-1.6 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and open the "GAME" folder. (If you don't know where to find this folder look at step 3 above)
    3) In the download there should be two folders named "Installer" and "Launcher" put those two folders into the "GAME" folder.
    4) Exit USB mode and go to the memory stick icon under the game section in the XMB and run the "Installer" first and then after reboot run the "Launcher"
    5) Now whenever you turn the psp ON from the OFF state you will have to run the "LAUNCHER" to get back onto CFW since this is a LITE CFW.

Enjoy!
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

jcg
    so that would make it to where i would be able to play the games i already own off my memory card without having to switch umds all the time? a friend showed me how to back them up to iso format. but i cant get them to play and i was told i would have to mod my psp. the lme is that a temp mod?

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Yep a temp mod but it will allow you to do anything a full mod can do. And it will alow you to back up and play any UMD game.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

jcg
    ok cool ima try it now thanks man

jcg
    so do i need the 6.6ofw on my psp if im already running the 6.6 firmware?

jcg
    crap none of the links are letting me download from them, but i can dl other things from megaupload

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    megaupload is fucked right now so here http://pspslimhacks.com/wp-content/u...10/620-B10.zip

thats all you need if your allready on 6.60
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

jcg
    ok do i do the samething with that file as with the other one?

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    yes /filllller
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Ok, what's the 620 B-10? I have the 6.6Lme running, but as of today, it stopped playing my game back-ups, it just wont load them. I had to go digging for the disk's to play. Does the 620 B-10 work differently then the 6.6 LME? Or is it some add on, and is there a forum post covering it, I've looked but can't seem to find it. Thanks for any help.

jcg
    I used 6.6 pro and it worked fine.