Thread: A little help?

1. #1 A little help? 
    I have a psp 3001 form the looks of it.... will this still work?
    PSP Tutorial on how to install PSP 6.60 PRO-B9 CFW on to PSP - YouTube
    PSP CFW 6.60 PRO-B9 (fix1) | PSP-Hacks: Hack your PlayStation Portable
    where do I need to start, I can't seem to find any newb guides? XD Just asking for a little direction, been at it for hours, feel like i am treading water.... I keep getting "this installer does not support this model"

** UPDATE, downgraded again to 6.20 to run a sys check to show on here.

** downgraded and still can't use pspident .74
    Last edited by thehackedone; 02-11-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker -GunslingerGirl-'s Avatar
    Here you go champ, everything you ever wanted to know.
    Well the way I see it, I'm the judge and my bullets are the jury.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    I would do this if I were you, it will show you how to update to 6.60 OFW and then to LITE CFW. A LITE CFW is just as good as a full CFW but they are made for Unhackable PSP's like your 3k there. The only difference is that when you turn the psp completely off you will have to run the launcher to get back on CFW after you BOOT back up.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW from here: http://du01.psp.update.playstation.o...b395/EBOOT.PBP
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the "PSP" folder and then the "GAME" folder and then in that "GAME" folder make a new folder named "UPDATE" (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT (from the download) in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to Memory Stick in the GAME section on the PSP'S XMB.

Now to install LCFW.

1) Download the LCFW from this link and have it ready: 6.60 LME-1.6.zip
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and open the "GAME" folder. (If you don't know where to find this folder look at step 3 above)
    3) In the download there should be two folders named "Installer" and "Launcher" put those two folders into the "GAME" folder.
    4) Exit USB mode and go to the memory stick icon under the game section in the XMB and run the "Installer" first and then after reboot run the "Launcher"
    5) Now whenever you turn the psp ON from the OFF state you will have to run the "LAUNCHER" to get back onto CFW since this is a LITE CFW.

Enjoy!

Note if your installing this on an unhackable psp please make sure you have all of the correct files mentioned in this guide. Always hack at your own risk.

Also since you have a 3k psp there is no need to get PSPident running because all 3k motherboards are unhackable.
    Last edited by Flash 0; 02-11-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thehackedone View Post

** UPDATE, downgraded again to 6.20 to run a sys check to show on here.

** downgraded and still can't use pspident .74
    you don't have a cfw/LCFW installed, so it won't run. if you want to permanent patch your psp with 6.20 ofw, you can grab 6.20PRO-b10 here kingBOSS: OFWs and CFWs

you guys are very helpful, all I want to do is make and play ISO backups, I have two younger brothers, they ruin everything
    Thanks alot!

The ultimate psp guide
    says my psp isn't hackable, does the refer to the fact that my PSP's version was 5.5 when I got it or will I be unable to hack it if I updated it to anything over 5.5?

no problem. just post something up and will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash 0 View Post
    I would do this if I were you, it will show you how to update to 6.60 OFW and then to LITE CFW. A LITE CFW is just as good as a full CFW but they are made for Unhackable PSP's like your 3k there. The only difference is that when you turn the psp completely off you will have to run the launcher to get back on CFW after you BOOT back up.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW from here: http://du01.psp.update.playstation.o...b395/EBOOT.PBP
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the "PSP" folder and then the "GAME" folder and then in that "GAME" folder make a new folder named "UPDATE" (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT (from the download) in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to Memory Stick in the GAME section on the PSP'S XMB.

Now to install LCFW.

1) Download the LCFW from this link and have it ready: 6.60 LME-1.6.zip
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and open the "GAME" folder. (If you don't know where to find this folder look at step 3 above)
    3) In the download there should be two folders named "Installer" and "Launcher" put those two folders into the "GAME" folder.
    4) Exit USB mode and go to the memory stick icon under the game section in the XMB and run the "Installer" first and then after reboot run the "Launcher"
    5) Now whenever you turn the psp ON from the OFF state you will have to run the "LAUNCHER" to get back onto CFW since this is a LITE CFW.

Enjoy!

Note if your installing this on an unhackable psp please make sure you have all of the correct files mentioned in this guide. Always hack at your own risk.

Also since you have a 3k psp there is no need to get PSPident running because all 3k motherboards are unhackable.
    after all this is said and done, how do I play my ISO backups that my friend made for me?

that and when I see someone with one of these mods they always have special commands that they can make appear on the screen, like being able to change their clockspeed on the fly, what are they key commands for that, is there a list somewhere?
    Last edited by thehackedone; 02-12-2012 at 04:33 AM.

plug in your psp, create a folder and name it "ISO". if there's one already, leave it at is, and just put the back ups in there.

Quote Originally Posted by faustnero View Post
    plug in your psp, create a folder and name it "ISO". if there's one already, leave it at is, and just put the back ups in there.
    thanks, just figured it out!!!

I do still need to know what the default commands are for the modded psp

same command settings. press SELECT to access vsh menu.