Thread: I have some questions.

1. #1 I have some questions. 
    Hey guys, I'm just new to the forum although I have been on here a couple of times just not as a registered users. I have a couple of questions which need clearing up, some of them are sort of nooby so please do bare with me.

I've had my PSP a good 7-8 years now, it's the PSP 1000. A couple of years back I had a guy install some games for me on my MS (DGEN for PSP Version 1.70 & Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 [which doesn't work o.O]) but here's what I'm unsure of.

I'm looking to install Gran Turismo for the PSP and a couple of other games, but I'm not really sure if my PSP has a CFW. I haven't used my PSP in years and only recently bought a new charger to recharge the original battery.

I'm on the firmware version 3.52 M33-2 I have no clue if it's OFW or CFW, perhaps you guys will be able to help with that?

I understand that in order for me to install games without the UMD disc, I will most likely need a pandora battery, CFW and a magic MS. I've looked at the guides and some tutorials on how to do these things, but will I have to go out and buy a bigger MS cause mines is only 32MB (I know... XD).

Really all I want to do, is be able to go through my PSP, and install games like FIFA, Gran Tursimo etc. I'm not looking to install things like Themes or anything like that. Just to install Homebrew? (if that's what you guys call it) and have all the games I want to play without the discs since my UMD reader doesn't work anyway.

Thanks,
    BkS.

[EDIT] Forgot to mention, I run Ubuntu as an OS on my computer, but I can run Windows through a VM if needed.
    Last edited by bkss; 02-13-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    get hellcat's recovery flasher from here FaustNero
    extract the file and place it under ms0:/PSP/GAME and run it on your psp. press target cfw 5.00 . no need to worry about the 500.pbp file cause it's already in that folder i uploaded.
    then from there you'are free to upgrade to 6.60 and install a cfw (either 6.60ME-1.6 or 6.60PRO-B10)

cheers mate.

Thanks mate! Unbelievably though, I've just stuck the memory card into my Laptop and it's jammed So I'll have to get a new MS. Oh well, least I'll be able to upgrade it.

similar problem my firmware is 3.40 wen i put the files in they say corrupt any ideas m8?

Your m33 firmware is already custom firmware you should have an ISO folder already. Just drop the games in ISO

Oops sorry, didn't read that you wanted to play some later games