Thread: New to PSP. A little help please?

1. #1 New to PSP. A little help please? 
    Hello there! I just received a PSP 3000 with 6.60 PRO-B9 system software in it. I was wondering if this hackable and if so, how would I go about doing it? I've never used a PSP before so I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks!

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    PSP 3000s are not fully hackable. 6.60PRO-B9 means that it is only semi-hacked (it is not a custom firmware but a light-custom firmware), so this means that whenever your psp shuts of due to the battery life running out, it will revert back to it's original firmware( which in your case is 6.60). the catch is, if you try patching it with the CIPL_flasher(this comes along with the PRO-B cfw installer), your psp will brick permanently, and there's no way until today, to get that fixed but to get the motherboard replaced by e new one.

Oh, okay. Good to know! Thank you! What can I do with it since it's semi-hacked?

you either go with it since you can play psp/ps1 games and run anytime type of emulator thru it (gba,gbc,n64,snes,etc..) or drop it down to 6.20 to have a perma patched installed if you feel it's really annoying to have it patch back to lcfw just incase you played it til the bat ran out.

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    You can do anything a full hack can do, just you'll have to run the launcher to get back onto CFW when you reboot from the OFF state.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Awesome! How do I run an emulator? Sorry for all the questions, I really have no idea what I'm doing and I'm trying to learn. \:

mostly it goes under ms0:/PSP/GAME folder. you can try google-ing some of it with the keyword 'emulators for psp'. and do the same as for the roms(emulator game).

Okay, I just did that and installed the SNES Emulator and installed one of the games but whenever I go to play it, it says that I have corrupted data. What did I do wrong?

You tried SNES9X TYL? Did you make sure you placed it in GAME? Try placing it in GAME150 as well or instead, if the folder is present. Please link me to the file you downloaded so I may further help you. Last time I had SNES emulator, the rar extracted to have 2 folders and it depended on your version...

I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes, or should I?