Hi fellas,

I need someone who knows what they're talking about to lend me a hand here. I've spend the last couple days lurking the forum, trying to figure out what I'm doing, but it's been like trying to sip water from a fire hose. I have an old PSP-1000 that I had basically collecting dust - I hadn't touched it for years. When I happened to find it, I figured 'what the hell, may as well mod it'.

So I read a bunch of tutorials and thought it would be easy to mod my battery into a Pandora and make a MMS. This did not work out. My memory stick was only 32MB, very insufficient for the job, so the first thing I did was order a new 8GB stick (currently shipping). Unfortunately, in the process of slicing open the battery, I ended up cutting too deep and puncturing the capacitor resulting in a firework show and a dead battery. I didn't read until after I had killed my battery that I could have soft-modded it instead.

Additionally, I have no idea what firmware I'm using. My system states that it's version 2.00, however, on the OFW/CFW thread, this doesn't even exist. I know I modded my PSP a long time ago just to run homebrew and old console emulators, but I've been out of the loop so long that I don't know what it is anymore. What I do know is the last game I purchased and played was GTA: Liberty City Stores.

So these are my thoughts: I need to get a new battery. I was looking at this one because I know it will ship locally and I'll have it in a decent time frame, and according to the thread it should be able to be soft modded. Do I even need a Pandora battery though?

Next, I really need advice on how to proceed with correcting and/or updating to current firmware. Should I just hook up to wifi and keep pushing firmware updates? Does that even work? Should I do stepped updates, or just jump to the latest OFW? I'm at a total loss here. On top of this, afterward, I don't know the difference between current custom firmware iterations. I hear a lot of people mentioning 5.00 M33, or 5.5, but there's also a lot of talk of 6.60 which (logic would dictate) appears to be the latest. Then there's ME and LME?

I know there are a ton of questions here and I might have rambled a bit, but I feel like there are too many intricacies to my situation for me to simply follow a guide. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.