Thread: Shed some light!! cant find the answers

1. #1 Shed some light!! cant find the answers 

Ok so im trying to mod my psp but i dont know if it is compadable, iv modded one other psp (my own, it was cfw 6.60 pro B9 ) and it worked for a while then bricked after 2 months or so. So i bought a new psp a more hackable one (i had a psp 3001) now i have a psp 1001. So my question is i want to mod my psp with cfw 6.60lme-1.6 but i dont know if its compatible with my psp i have a psp 1001 with ofw 3.72 and if I can mod it can anyone provide a guide that i may use a perferably great one

Thanks in advance

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    goto my sig and you will find the best psp guide. Why update to lme when your psp is fully hackable, goto the update section of my guide and follow the first part to be on 6.60 ME.

SIG? sorry im new to this forum this is the first time iv had to ask for help, I'v mostly done freelance work. what is the diffrence between LME and ME? also I dont hav a pandora batt. either i have ordered one and am waiting but im trying to find out what 6.60 me reqires is there a certain ofw i need to be above or is my psp's firmware already low enough.

i'v kinda figured it out i found the guide and i read through it but there are alot of sections in which in one section of the pandora batt. it said does not work with 6.60ME so im still trying to figure it out also there is a section that my psp can make a pandora batt. if i turn the original batt. into a padora can i chage it back?

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    No need for Pandora just follow this guide here and it will put you on a full CFW.

This guide will put you on CFW but if you would rather get on the latest OFW you can do the first set of steps below, then if you would like to put CFW on the psp you can do the second set of steps after you complete
    the first set.

Note: this is for 1k PSP's AKA Phat psp's only (and some 2k's). This guide will NOT work on unhackable 2k's, 3k's, Go!'s or E-1000 so do not try it.

You can either update to 6.60 OFW by system update or you can manually download it yourself. If you do system update with the psp skip these first steps.(also skip if your already on 6.60 OFW)

1) Download and extract the 6.60 OFW from here: http://du01.psp.update.playstation.o...b395/EBOOT.PBP
    2) Go to USB connection on the psp and pull up the drive that the psp is connected to on the computer.
    3) Now open the PSP folder and then the GAME folder and then in that GAME folder make a new folder named UPDATE (all caps)
    4) Put the 660 OFW EBOOT (from the download) in that update folder and then exit USB mode.
    5) Go to GAME in the psp XMB and run it.

Now to install CFW.

1) Download the CFW from this link:660 ME 1.6.zip
    2) go to the GAME folder just like you did in above steps. (See step 3 above if you don't know how to find the GAME folder)
    3) Delete the UPDATE folder because you will no longer need it. (Only do this step if you did the above steps for installing OFW)
    4) Place the ME_INSTALLER in the GAME folder.
    5) Exit USB mode and go run the ME_INSALLER. Run that in the XMB, go to GAME and then MEMORY STICK.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

well all u managed to do was install 6.60 ofw on my psp so now i have a psp 1001 with ofw 6.60 when i tried to boot the cfw it told me game could not be started. anyone else have any other ideas

its starting to seem as if i really do need a pandora battery is that really the way i need to do it ?

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    i told you to just goto the UPDATE section of my guide and follow the first part . Now that you are on 6.60 ofw just download the 6.60 ME ofw update and install it. Again its all there in that section. Dont need a pandora for this. Its so fucking easy brotha

My friend you are a genius im guessing the other guys download link was not a good one cause i used yours and it worked like a charm!!! Thanks pirate you are truely a blessing and thanks for taking the time to help a stranger. Also i found the section i needed under section six in your guide. P.S. your guide is a really great guide is there any way to make a PDF file so we can download and have for refrence?