Thread: Hi first tiem noobs here

1. #1 Hi first tiem noobs here 
    Hey i bought an old PSP off a friend a couple years ago which he hacked for me to use backups and Eboots so i can play my old PSX games and such on my psp. I was just wondering if there is a newer version of the custom firware avaliable as some of my backups dont want to work these days and not all of my Eboots will work.

Now im a complete noob on this i have no idea how he did it or what is on there currently, i checked the system info and it says my system software is 5.50 Gen-D (full) is there anyting newer i can update to without too much hassle or needing this pandora battery i keep hearing about?

Unfortunatly i have lost contact with the friend i purchased it off or i'd just get him to update it for me lol.

Anyways any help would be apreciated.

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Thanks to a break in Sony security you can just update to the latest sony released firmware and then use a signed custom firmware installer. Instructions for this can be found here The ultimate psp guide

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

I got it all working after some trial and error thanks alot for the info, quick question, on my previous install that my friend did i could make custom categories using a plugin, that plugin obviously dosnt work anymore with this version is there something similar for the current version?
    Last edited by bucky699; 03-20-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    you can google plugins conforming with your current cfw version. there's a lot of it you can see in the whole entire inter web. it's not actually a lot of effort opening a new tab and typing a keyword
    gL

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    Let me google that for you i'll help with that

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    i think the categories plugin only works up to 5.50 gen-d3 but i cant say as thats the last cfw i tested.if theres one made by someone else im not positive but i dont think so. i woulda thought you dont have to update past that neways cause there was a plugin to bypass newer games on 5.50 gen-d3 if i member correctly.and almost all plugins you could ever find were stable on that cfw version.like i said tho.i havent tried the newer firmwares so i cant tell you much,but each cfw thats come out you lose some functionality with older homebrew unless the dev decided to continue working on it

PsP SaGe PSP Mad Hacker RoXante's Avatar
    time for you to update.

Lol well as mentioned before im a noob so i didnt know the plugisn even existed until i realised the plugins were causing a semi-bricked state after i installed the new firmware, hence what i meant by Trial and Error. I had installed the new CFW but it wasnt rebooting my psp, just hanged on a black screen then died. Thought i was bricked but then i rememberd theres the XMB so i held R and yay it worked, then i turned off the plugins and everything worked fine after that

I'll google around for a new one, thought their not really important, i finally got to play my Super robot wars game that came out last year and my PSX Eboots are all working like a charm to i am happy
    Last edited by bucky699; 03-21-2012 at 12:18 AM.