Thread: Wich PSP to buy - wich is easy to hack?

1. #1 Wich PSP to buy - wich is easy to hack? 
    Hi guys!

I'm on the ledge of buying a PSP with the meaning of hacking it so I can play my games from the memory card.
    I've been searching for a couple of days and it appears that not all PSP's can be hacked? I can buy one these three for 50:

PSP 3004
    PSP 3000
    PSP FAT

Wich one is the smartest choice? I've seen that the speakers of the 3000 and 3004 are better located at the front and they also have more RAM than the PSP FAT... buy are they easy/possible to softmod? I keep reading that some with a firmware of 5.03 or above can't be softmodded? But I keep seeing adds of people that tr to make money hackiing PSP's and claim to be able to hack all?

thx in advace!

Xavi

Hello. i have a psp 1001 and spent a day figuring out how to hack it and it wasnt to bad it had 6.60 and just watched youtube to figure it out so as far as esablity this is the first time Ive ever hacked anything and it wasnt to bad and u can find em farly cheap.

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    the motherboards are what you should be concerned with. the fat is a psp 1000 and these models are all hackable. the 3k's are "unhackable" but can be modded with "lite"cfw's which are temporary (gets taken off when fully turning off psp, it would need to be reinstalled after). I like the 3k hardware much more than the fat due to the controls and screen's colors but people often complain about scanlines on these models. If you're basing your buy on easyness of hacking,, get a 1k.
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

So on the 3000 and 3004 it is possible to put temporary custom firmware? It doesnt depend anymore on what the datacode is or what firmware that is installed? I can allways up- or downgrade? With this system I need to put the psp in stand by so the memory ist erased, but if it is turned off I just need to select the temporary cfw on the memory card and will it be installed in a minute? Or is it more complicated than that?

What do you mean that the slims have better controlls? Does it fit your hands better?

Xavi

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    go get yourself a GO! save yourself from buying an ms stick.

Is that a whale?! PSP Elite Hacker fuckingclassy's Avatar
    Your username bares a striking resemblance to "Xavis"; PSPMod's social pariah. Liked by very few, this, "Xavis" is often called "Xavi" by his followers. However it has a severe case of dyslexia, which you don't seem to have in any way; your grammar and spelling are passable.

Still, this is very...
    Last edited by fuckingclassy; 04-11-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Nintendo Emulators || LED Modifications
    Disclaimer:
    Everything that this user says is fictional and for entertainment purposes only

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
    Hi guys!

I'm on the ledge of buying a PSP with the meaning of hacking it so I can play my games from the memory card.
    I've been searching for a couple of days and it appears that not all PSP's can be hacked? I can buy one these three for €50:

PSP 3004
    PSP 3000
    PSP FAT

Wich one is the smartest choice? I've seen that the speakers of the 3000 and 3004 are better located at the front and they also have more RAM than the PSP FAT... buy are they easy/possible to softmod? I keep reading that some with a firmware of 5.03 or above can't be softmodded? But I keep seeing adds of people that tr to make money hackiing PSP's and claim to be able to hack all?

thx in advace!

Xavi
    tell you what guy, a hackable slim(2k) is the best psp as it combines the best features of the phat and the brite psps.

it can be permanently hacked like the phat, and its got 64 mb ram like the brite.

but be sure not to get the unhackable slim as it is just like the brite(can't install permanent cfw).

this should help you distinguish b/w hackable and unhackable slims
    How to tell if your Slim/2001 is hackable - PSVita-Mod.Com

@fuckinclassy: My name is Xavi, short for Xavier. I'm from Belgium, therefore my English won't always be perfect.

@pirate: Thx, your guide realy made a difference! So I'm going for a PSP 2000 because it has more chance of being hackable than the 3000 and it has better specifications than the FAT ones. Thx I'm going shopping

TASK FORCE 141 PSP Elite Hacker Pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavi View Post
    @fuckinclassy: My name is Xavi, short for Xavier. I'm from Belgium, therefore my English won't always be perfect.

@pirate: Thx, your guide realy made a difference! So I'm going for a PSP 2000 because it has more chance of being hackable than the 3000 and it has better specifications than the FAT ones. Thx I'm going shopping

you are welcome buddy, and take care that you lay your hands on a hackable slim as i said.

and btw, that ain't my guide, it belongs to Slowman, who was a legend on PSPMOD.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuckingclassy View Post
    Your username bares a striking resemblance to "Xavis"; PSPMod's social pariah. Liked by very few, this, "Xavis" is often called "Xavi" by his followers. However it has a severe case of dyslexia, which you don't seem to have in any way; your grammar and spelling are passable.

Still, this is very...

LMAO LMAO LMAO, win win win!

I like the 3k hardware much more than the fat due to the controls and screen's colors but people often complain about scanlines on these models.