Thread: Wifi connection blocked

1. #1 Wifi connection blocked 
    Hellow everybody
    I've a psp and I would like to connect to the wifi connection of my university. It is actually free from any key, but you need to put your data (id and pw) in a web page. So, I just need to set everything to "automatic" except for the line "open a web page at the connection").
    But unfortunately, the test is not successful and no web page is opened.
    Because it's a school environment, I think the connection is blocked due to the name, "psp", which I can see, for example, from my home wifi router (I think is called "host name"). Anybody of you knows how to change that name? I would like trying to change it and see if it works.

I appreciate any suggestion!

Thank you very much!!

Salve a tutti,
    Ho una psp e vorrei connettermi alla rete wifi dell'universitÓ, che Ŕ libera e necessita dei dati di accesso personali su una pagina web.
    Quindi imposto la connessione tutto su automatico eccetto per la dicitura "apri pagine web alla connessione".
    Peccato che la connessione non abbia successo e non mi apre nessuna pagina web.

Ricordando che Ŕ un ambiente didattico, credo il blocco sia direttamente fatto da parte del router che riconosce il nome del dispositivo che appare, almeno sul mio router di casa, come "psp".

Qualcuno sa dirmi dove trovo questo nome "psp" per provare a fare un tentativo e cambiarlo?

Grazie mille, spero che ne valga la pena

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Set up your connection, but do not bother testing the connection. Instead go into your browser attempt to open Google (or some webpage) it should redirect you to your uni's log in page.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

I'm experiencing alot of issues with the Vita redirecting to pages.

If on your uni's wireless - when you open the web browser - it doesnt redirect you to the "i agree" page, you're going to have to find out the address using a Pc or ask someone with an Iphone.

Make a bookmark with the address. When you connect up with your uni's wifi go to the bookmark first, hit i agree then from then your'e apples.

I have called Sony Australia's support number and talked to a technitian on the phone - its a KNOWN ISSUE with the Vita. They have no ETA or workaround to fix it in the mean time other than manually punching in the redirect address.

Your uni's wifi should not block the vita just because of the host name. That would be the web filter, that picks up if you go to sites in the "games" category. It doesnt base it on host name so you dont have to worry about that.

If you run an internet connection test on the Vita when connected to the wireless - if you dont go to the i agree page manualy first it will fail the test. Run the test again after youve clicked the i agree thing - it will test OK.

Other than that, it appears some Cisco routers have issues with the Vita. The one my work uses refuzes to let the vita browse the web. It gives it an ip address, sets up the DNS and everything just fine. However, try to go on the web and you'll get the network error. @ my work, i work in IT. Took it to the level 2 guys and let them try and even they say "it doesnt work because it just hates you!" because it "should" work. Everything is right from both ends (able to see the vita connected on the router's end, mac address and all) but it just wont work.
    Last edited by tigahawk; 05-01-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Ehy, sorry, some time passed due to local vacation, then I had no time to test the possibilities. Here the result of today:

First, I tried without testing the connection. Same error, connection cannot be established.
    Second: setting as a main page the redirect which should be something like:

http://wifiauth.polito.int/login.html

but, to be honest, the page from a my mate's phone is:

https://wifiauth.polito.it/fs/custum...www.google.it/
    (please note that the link is much longer than what the post can shows)

None of them actually works...

Tomorrow I will bring my laptop and see what's on mine.
    As you can see there is a mac address. But I don't know from where it comes (my classmate's probably ... ahahah XD)

And... just in case, I sent an email to the wifi related office... still waiting :O

Anyway, thanks for your help!!!!

(ps! @tigahawk ! sorry, i haven't mentioned, but mine is a psp go
    and unfortunately, i suppose that the wifi is a cisco stuff based ;_; )
    Last edited by Reyemai; 05-02-2012 at 08:56 PM.

https://wifiauth.polito.it/fs/costum...www.google.it/

Ok, I tried again with the address on my laptop, and same result. The mac address comes from the hotspot you are connected.

The reply from the mail assistance arrived:

Goodmorning,
    Try the connection with the parallel network EDUROAM (there is infact, an other wifi network),
    I write you the parameters:
    Authentication: EAP-TTLS
    Certificate of CA: none
    Inside authentication (kind of EAP): EAP-MSCHAPv2
    username : s<number>@studenti.polito.it
    password: usual personal password.
    clearly is a translation.
    Unfortunately, the connection is seen by the psp as "WPA2" network which is not compatible (it appears in grey...)

Restart the router

I'll do it by myself XD

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Its possible the authentication uses FLASH which the Go doesn't have, it isn't unfeasiable for you to spoof your PSP mac on your PC authenticate that and then logon through your PSP. IF the uni uses cookie based authentication though you will need to transfer the cookie to the PSP. Of course of this is rather impractical.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Geek View Post
    Its possible the authentication uses FLASH which the Go doesn't have, it isn't unfeasiable for you to spoof your PSP mac on your PC authenticate that and then logon through your PSP. IF the uni uses cookie based authentication though you will need to transfer the cookie to the PSP. Of course of this is rather impractical.
    Still thank you for your answer
    So, your suggestion would be to login with the pc and then change the mac address on the psp, but is not easy or there is something I can change in the system files? I can see that can hide the mac with an internal option, probably I can use the same kind of trick :O

About the cookie... I don't know... because if you reconnect in the arc of a minute there's no problem, but otherwise you need to login again.
    Cookies can be transferable? Should I try with some guide or is something easy to explain?