Thread: So I thought I might replace to crappy psp screen with a nice glasslike one. any tip?

1. #1 So I thought I might replace to crappy psp screen with a nice glasslike one. any tip? 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Yea...the normal psp screen is a scratch magnet. I swear I have a new one every day! ( scratch that is)

Now my 3DS on the other hand, it has no scratches... no defects. It's glass or something idk, I was wondering if I could replace the plastic screen cover with a nice glass one.

I have no idea how to go about doing this, or if its a good idea. I could just get a replacement plastic screen and get a screen cover for it, but hell I love a good project.

any tips? I probably won't go through with it without any say so from this forum. thanks!

L
    The scratches are actually on the faceplate and not the LCD. you can get another faceplate and then place a screen protector on top of that

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    get another faceplate and then place a screen protector on top of that
    This.

/filler

Rubbish theory because its the clamshell design of the 3DS that prevents scratches. Just look at any mistreated iPhone/Touch, the scratch magnets they are. Do this^^ and don't bother putting yourself and your psp through such unecessaries.

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by pspboy2111 View Post
    Rubbish theory because its the clamshell design of the 3DS that prevents scratches. Just look at any mistreated iPhone/Touch, the scratch magnets they are. Do this^^ and don't bother putting yourself and your psp through such unecessaries.
    I actually just found a site that was having a closeout sale on all its console mod parts. I bought a new casing for the Psp for 6$

has a built in screen protector or something, I may get one on my own just in case.

3DS design is flawed IMO I find crap in my 3DS all the time, and my Dsi is picture perfect. The 3DS doesn't seal closed and lets dust in, not to mention the bottom screens borders scratching the top screen. Just sent that in to get fixed.

Yeah I agree with the dust gettin in and I could just wipe those lines off. I wonder how hard people are closing their 3ds's.

Junior Member PSP User
    Yeah I agree with the dust gettin in and I could just wipe those lines off. I wonder how hard people are closing their 3ds's.
    Well its not really how hard I close it. I like to keep it in my pocket at work, and that does press it a minimal amount, I think over time the smudges became scratches because of neglect

Bad news on this though. I sent in my 3DS ( Hyrule edition )

and they said they have to replace it with an Auqa Blue....

yea I get a new DS, but the zelda one was so cool.

NINTENDO! Thats utterly disgraceful... so... just have the same problem when the XL becomes standard and send it back again lol the original will probably be discontinued as the original ds was.

Junior Member PSP User
    NINTENDO! Thats utterly disgraceful... so... just have the same problem when the XL becomes standard and send it back again lol the original will probably be discontinued as the original ds was.
    ha! too late. I already have my new ds up for sale so that I can purchase the XL.
    I know it has the same pixel count, and no second thumpad, but I think these are negated by the awesomeness of playing kingdom hearts on such a large screen