Thread: FOR MODIFIED USE: Which PSP model am I best off purchasing?

1. #1 FOR MODIFIED USE: Which PSP model am I best off purchasing? 
    Hello all, just joined this forum! Seems like a nice, friendly and informative place. I had a PSP in the past but gave it away and I was never much good at modding it.

What I would like to know is: which model am I best off buying if my intent is to mod it as much as possible? With an eye to a newer model - just because second hand they will have less wear and tear and actually noticing the 100X series are more expensive(!), I suppose due to rarity - how old should I go?

Please forgive my ignorance, I have read and understood the issues with firmware, rolling back, etc. But am finding it hard to get a handle on what the "g" rating means or how to ascertain whether a psp is 9g or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!

L
    It really doesnt matter because they all can either be hacked or partially hacked

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    It really doesnt matter because they all can either be hacked or partially hacked
    Hey, thanks for your response! Appreciate it. Yes I was gathering that nearly all of them can be hacked.... but when I did google searches, searches of this forum etc I would find so many threads of people saying this or that version cannot be hacked. I guess those are all a few years out of date now though??

I am looking at a PSP3001 with software 6.60 and close to buying it, will I be able to hack that wide open ? Also looking at another that is 6.20. Interested in playing all my old PS1 favourites particularly. Thanks very much again, to any who can provide help! I'm sure you get sick of people who don't know anything and didn't bother to try finding out for themselves asking to be spoon-fed information so, I appreciate it.

L
    I have a 3000 and I personally use this:6.60LME-1.8 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita, it works just as good as permanent CFW but in many ways its better. All you have to do is run the "launcher" and your right back on "Lite"CFW.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    I have a 3000 and I personally use this:6.60LME-1.8 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP Forum, Hack PSP, PSV Hacks, PS Vita Hack, PSVita, it works just as good as permanent CFW but in many ways its better. All you have to do is run the "launcher" and your right back on "Lite"CFW.
    Wow that's great to know. Thank you very much! I'm gonna pull the trigger on that order - can't wait to play me some old Wipeout!

I have a psp slim 2000 with 5.50 prome andit works great... with games and emulators etc...