Thread: Noob, With tons of questions!

1. #1 Noob, With tons of questions! 
    ok, noob with PSP 2001 with 5.50GEN-D3

look i am new so pleazse try to be more helpfull then be Mr. know it all

1. when i go into ush mode on my psp and i go into the VSH menu, there is no version.txt so i can change it from 9.90 to update my psp to 6.60 firware

2. about a week ago, my home button stopped working(i think i should take it apart and clean it but idk)

3. just started this morning but my selct button works but my VSHmenu stop popping up, (again, this psp is old, so i think and i hope i am just safe with cleaning it and it should start working again)

4. i got this from my bro inlaw, he hasnt messed with it in years so he was of no help really he told me to google it and i found you guys so i hope you can help

my name is bob, and i am noob hopefull you all can get me up to speed and get my psp updated so i can update the firware and run my psp450 camera too

L
    Boot it into recovery and find the option to "disable version txt". If that doesnt work, then open up your VSH menu and change USB device to "Flash 0".

Now exit out of your VSH and connect your PSP to your PC via the USB cable. You should see about 4 folders, open the "vsh" folder and inside that you should see a "etc" folder.

Your txt document will be inside that for you to change from 9.90 to 5.50. Make sure that once its changed, that you go back to your VSH menu and change the USB device to memory stick

ty so much, i forgot about recovery mode, so i re enabled my vsh menu and i disabled version txt.. so i was able to download the 6.60 firmware and finally update my system

ty so much

L
    If your on 6.60, download this:6.60ME-1.8 (OFW Version) - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums to install the latest CFW

why cant i play my iso files now or i cant get into my recovery mode.. i hold R button on top right corner of the psp and it wont go into recovery mode

nvm, i had to do the update and it worked, and btw, when i take off and clean the lower button bar, what do i use Q tips??

where do i get the files for the psp-450 camera

L
    Plug in the camera and it should work. I believe that 6.10 update was for camera compatability

just got to find it...lol... i will let you kno if it works

well i hooked up the camera and it doesnt work with the 6.60 firware... I looked up the camera psp 450 on wiki answer and it mentioned something about psp go edit softwware. Will that help me?

L
    Plug in the camera to the top of your PSP. Now go to the "Photo" icon on your XMB and look for the "Camera" icon below it and press "X". Your camera should start working

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Plug in the camera to the top of your PSP. Now go to the "Photo" icon on your XMB and look for the "Camera" icon below it and press "X". Your camera should start working
    Still not working, gonna try and download the go edit software and pray that it works after that