Thread: Need help with playing .iso's on PSP.

1. #1 Need help with playing .iso's on PSP. 
    Junior Member PSP User SilentVipz's Avatar
    Yes, I have successfully updated my PSP to 6.60, it is a 1000 model and currently has custom firmware : Pro B10 6.60. I have created the folder named ISO in the correct location, which meaning I had made it in the root of the Memory Stick. Yes I have reformatted the Memory Stick and yes, I have correctly installed Pro B10 as simple as it is, but what I don't understand is how come my ISO files arn't being read, would there be something wrong with my ISO files that I wish to use? I would really appreciate if someone would be able to help me as I'm extremely knew to all this and had just bought the PSP litrally today.

Thank you,

SilentVipz

L
    You either have the ISO folder in the wrong location or the ISO is not an ISO but either a ZIP or RAR. Does your folder structure look like this:psp memory card folder structure

Yes, I can assure it looks like that, I have ISO the folder name ofcourse on the root of the memory stick as explained. If I did have a back up, the file was actually a .cso or an .iso which is strange. I never put the ISO file in the game section. It may or may not have been the full .iso file maybe? I'm one hundred percent sure I have done everything correctly, even changed the settings of the UMD reader I believe that is what runs the PSP disk. I'm quite puzzled.
    Last edited by SilentVipz; 09-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.

L
    Can you even see the icon of the game in your XMB?

Nothing appears, although the only way to even make something appear is to through it in the game file which I know of course is incorrect. Strange huh? Even if I reformat it and add the file named ISO in the root, it still fails to load anything apart from the quick recovery and the pro update.

L
    So when you format your memory stick with your PSP, does the ISO folder show up automatically?

EDIT: be right back in 10 minutes....gotta feed my dogs

No, as I said I have to make my own as I do on the root of the memory stick.

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    So when you format your memory stick with your PSP, does the ISO folder show up automatically?

EDIT: be right back in 10 minutes....gotta feed my dogs
    Not a worry.
    Last edited by dankgame; 09-19-2012 at 01:18 AM.

L
    Well something is not right because if your on CFW, when you format the memory stick, it should automatically make an ISO folder for you. Go to your system settings and tell me what firmware it says you have

Sorry I fell asleep, time differences are just so bad. But here's my system settings:

When I reboot and not use fast recovery.

System Software: Version 6.60
    Nickname: Blah Blah Blah
    MAC Adress: Blah Blah Blah

When I use fast recovery:

System Software: 6.60 PRO-B10
    Nickname: Blah Blah Blah
    MAC Adress: [ Model 01g ]

And another thing which I forgot to mention is when the CFW is enabled with fast recovery, I format the memory stick and then everything disappears, I don't think I'm doing something right. Amybe it's just something so simple.

And another, god don't we love spam.

I redone the hack and reformatted the memory stick, in which when I plugged it into the pc the files appears such as ISO and so on. But the firmware and fast recovery disappear due to the reformation of the memory stick. Is this right now because I have reput 6.60 pro b10 back on.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentVipz View Post
    And another, god don't we love spam.

I redone the hack and reformatted the memory stick, in which when I plugged it into the pc the files appears such as ISO and so on. But the firmware and fast recovery disappear due to the reformation of the memory stick. Is this right now because I have reput 6.60 pro b10 back on.
    So what I done was, installed 6.60 pro b10, reformatted the memory stick and then put the pro b10 back and and installed that firmware.

never mind, problem solved, games are working. it was strange as I have installed a different source of PRO B10 and now games are able to be read.
    Last edited by dankgame; 09-19-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    sounds to me you actually had a cfw meant for psp3000 models and up whitch is a half hack and you kept switching from ofw to cfw because of it.a full cfw hack nowt a partial is recommended for slims and lower as they can be fully hacked.looks like you figured this one out but thought i might as well chime in my 2 cents

Everything helps I guess. But i guess you may be correct abou the version it supports. Straight after I found the hacked PSP folder off Another forum page, it appeared to work and also leaving me with the correct files.
    Last edited by SilentVipz; 09-19-2012 at 01:43 PM.

Modder Of The Dark Arts PSP Elite Hacker R()H@X's Avatar
    ya parently your posed to have 6.60 me 1.8 or something for hackable psps.ive been a lil out of the scenes so i havent tried this new firmware but im slowly regaining my spot back on the new age knowledge department.parently things are alot easier than the old days,however i still prefer the pandora method cause if your psp glitches for some odd reason its like a true backup saver.once i get back into motion im going to see if i can work a 6.60 me patch for one of the mms installers for use with pandora.i did it in my old guide for versions 4.01 to 5.50-gen-d3 so i should be able to find an oldschool workaround for those that like old nostalgia things