Thread: PSP 3004 (03g)

1. #1 PSP 3004 (03g) 
    Hi,
    i recently become the owner of above mentioned psp, and the first thing i looked at was modding the psp with some form of modded firmware to improve functionality. i tried one suggestion from this very forum but when i did exactly as the instructions stated, i got some sort of repair console each time. can anyone suggest how i mod this psp?

thanks

jim

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    What software version is it running? installing cfw isn't that complicated, it takes 2 minutes to hack a psp if you know how to do it:
    How To Install PSP CFW 6.60 PRO-B9/B10 (All Models/No Pandora) - YouTube
    since you've got a 3000 you can't permanently hack it (you can but it is a great risk) you'll have to run the hack again,
    if you get any errors then factory restore it.
    (the hack above needs firmware 6.20 and up)

running 6.60, when i try to run the flasher it tells me that my psp is not supported. any way around that?

have you got b9 or b10? b10 supports more models and if it still says its not supported then you just have to wait for new hack. OR downgrade to 6.20 pro b10 since that supports even more models.....

initially tried b10, thats when i first got the error, then tried b9 and same thing occured. What is the downside to downgrading (if any)?

I've downgraded both a 2000 and 3000 around 5 times and it all went smothely, however when you downgrade: flash1 becomes corrupt and the first thing when you turn your PSP on will be that you need to factory restore it. this the downgrader that I used:
    http://www.pspslimhacks.com/6-xx-dow...r-v4-released/
    this app will ONLY 'launch' the file in /game/update/eboot.pbp
    so you need the ofw update file also:
    http://www.pspslimhacks.com/psp-firm...mware-updates/
    the ONLY possible way you can brick your PSP is if you downgrade it lower than its initial/first firmware.

Well, im stumped. i downgraded my psp initially to 6.35, attempted to do the hack and found that it wouldnt do the permanent patch (couldnt find a temporary hack), downgraded again to 6.20 and the same thing occured, permanent patch would not work.

upgraded again to 6.60 and retried the patch and im still getting the message 'this installer does not support this model', at which point the psp restarts and load back in to the standard menu system.

im guessing im out of luck with regards to modding my psp.

Junior Member PSP User
    Hello there.I want to know if you can help me or not because my psp had a problem.I mean a big problem.So,i want to tell you the problem.My psp not working this lately when i press the home button in the game which ask are you want to quit game?Then i choose yes but it cannot move left or right.Somehow i got a trick which i slidely press hold and turn it to normal then i press left d-pad.And it working.But some of my plugin maybe not working because when my psp was at psp pro-B10 i cannot open up the vsh menu with the select button.So,i decide to format my memory stick after that.When i try to install the proupdate and it crash.Could u help me?? Please my PSP is in critical now.
    And the L button suddenly not working in the game.It suddenly held it automatically.Example :When i was playing Smackdown Vs Raw 2011,In the character selection,there is L button which is use to show the characters statistic and finisher but it not held automatically.But when in the match,once again the L button held it automatically by itself because the L button is use to run.
    I hope u can figure this problem.
    And I hope u can share to your other friend.

for now, yes, but cfw is developing monthly so you just have to wait.....