Thread: Could anyone please help a noob desperate to get PSP working?

1. #1 Could anyone please help a noob desperate to get PSP working? 
    If anyone could take the time to help me I would much appreciate it!! I just bought a used PSP from a local pawn shop. I am not too familiar with PSPs yet as far as the versions of them and whatnot. This is a PSP-1001. The serial starts with FU0. I think I made a mistake upgrading the software when I got it to 6.6.

I have two questions....

1. I connected a PSP A/V cable to it to get it working on my tv. It seems that the wire was made for a psp with the headphone jack on a different side, though I still managed to get it connected. There are no options in my settings to connect to a different video device....and when I click and hold the rectangularish type button, it goes black, but I still get nothing on my tv. I know that games arent supposed to work, but even video files arent showing up. Also is there a program I can use to get my games working on my tv if i get the cable working?

2. I also want to be able to play some games I have on my PC that a friend gave to me (he owns them)......I know that I need to have a certain firmware for it to work with an emulator. Seeing as I have upgraded to the latest version (6.6) is it possible to downgrade? And if it is, how risky is it?

I have searched everywhere for this information, but I have had a hard time finding the right information. If any of you folks could help me out, it would be wonderful. Thanks so much for your time.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    There is no need to downgrade goto the download section and grab the 6.60 meV 1.8 ofw installer an follow the readme boom done
    as for connecting to tv I'm pretty sure the 1000 psp can't 2000 and above can through a component cable
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

L
    You can not connect to a TV via the A/V cable on a 1000 because that option is only available on a 2000 and 3000

Member PSP User
    just install 6.60 ME if you already updated your psp to 6.60 read the instruction on this thread and everything will work 6.60ME-1.6 (OFW Version) - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums

Quote Originally Posted by elbago1 View Post
    just install 6.60 ME if you already updated your psp to 6.60 read the instruction on this thread and everything will work 6.60ME-1.6 (OFW Version) - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums
    Thank you SO much!! =) Works perfectly. Its amazing searching for a while that I couldn't find that easily. Though I shouldn't be suprised I guess, I know nothing about this stuff....but thank god for you! Really appreciate it.

Junior Member PSP User
    Hello there.I want to know if you can help me or not because my psp had a problem.I mean a big problem.So,i want to tell you the problem.My psp not working this lately when i press the home button in the game which ask are you want to quit game?Then i choose yes but it cannot move left or right.Somehow i got a trick which i slidely press hold and turn it to normal then i press left d-pad.And it working.But some of my plugin maybe not working because when my psp was at psp pro-B10 i cannot open up the vsh menu with the select button.So,i decide to format my memory stick after that.When i try to install the proupdate and it crash.Could u help me?? Please my PSP is in critical now.
    And the L button suddenly not working in the game.It suddenly held it automatically.Example :When i was playing Smackdown Vs Raw 2011,In the character selection,there is L button which is use to show the characters statistic and finisher but it not held automatically.But when in the match,once again the L button held it automatically by itself because the L button is use to run.
    I hope u can figure this problem.
    And I hope u can share to your other friend.
    I am using PSP 3000.