Thread: Help my psp

1. #1 Help my psp 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hello there.I want to know if you can help me or not because my psp had a problem.I mean a big problem.So,i want to tell you the problem.My psp not working this lately when i press the home button in the game which ask are you want to quit game?Then i choose yes but it cannot move left or right.Somehow i got a trick which i slidely press hold and turn it to normal then i press left d-pad.And it working.But some of my plugin maybe not working because when my psp was at psp pro-B10 i cannot open up the vsh menu with the select button.So,i decide to format my memory stick after that.When i try to install the proupdate and it crash.Could u help me?? Please my PSP is in critical now.
    And the L button suddenly not working in the game.It suddenly held it automatically.Example :When i was playing Smackdown Vs Raw 2011,In the character selection,there is L button which is use to show the characters statistic and finisher but it not held automatically.But when in the match,once again the L button held it automatically by itself because the L button is use to run.
    I hope u can figure this problem.
    And I hope u can share to your other friend.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    dude, you've got a software problem AND a hardware problem at the same time! don't do any flashing/updating because it really is in a critical state, remove all power sources from the PSP for 24 hour and let it rest, during the time, all power will drain from it causing it to sort-of reset. put in the battery and see what happens...
    Last edited by Timkl; 10-08-2012 at 03:48 AM.

Junior Member PSP User
    So,now i am using 6.60 PRO-B9 and i must get back to the OFW 6.60 then i shut down the psp with the battery pull out?

na, just leave the PSP as it is right now and let it rest with no power for 24 hours.

Junior Member PSP User
    Are you sure? But thanks for this i will do it immediately.
    If it not working what should i do ?

removing the battery heals the PSP in some way (fixed my psp which didn't even boot), might not fix your problem but you should try since there isn't really a lot to do, while it's resting you could take it apart and clean it of any dust.

i shut down the psp with the battery pull out?

Junior Member PSP User
    Wow it working
    And i can open up my vsh menu and all are fixed
    thanks very much bro
    i believe it is a hardware problem
    i love you
    THANK YOU

Junior Member PSP User
    Hey there what psp model do you have ? I'm having problems downloading games and playing them on my psp3003 6.60 pro b10 game files won't open says "corrupt data" what do I do ?

i have a 2000 running 6.35 pro-c nightly, are you downloading iso games or eboot games? iso games go in the directory of ms0:/iso/"yourgame.iso", eboot games go, ms0:/psp/game/"nameofgame"/eboot.pbp, if you know that stuff and it still doesn't work then the data really is corrupted, does it only happen with 1 game or a couple games?

Junior Member PSP User
    Hi there thanks for the reply. I have tried 2 or 3 different games. All the games I have tried have been ISO.. I have done all that you have suggested except putting the ISO file onto the ISO file on the PSP!!! Its so frustrating... How do I find out what motherboard I have ? It seems every time put the game onto the psp "corrupt file" comes out. I'm. New to this been trying since last Wednesday???? Any help would be gratefully accepted...

to find your motherboard use this app:

dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applications/psp-module-checker-40.html

that goes in the game folder
    what model is your PSP?
    what version is it running?
    what cfw does it have?
    try upgrading to 6.60 pro b10

for next time: create a new thread if you have a problem, 1 problem = 1 thread, 2 problems = 2 threads