Thread: PSP Modification, owning two PSPs, and PSN (Read for clarification)

1. #1 PSP Modification, owning two PSPs, and PSN (Read for clarification) 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I would like to get into emulation on PSP. I have one PSP 3000, and I decided to order another PSP 3000. One PSP will be unmodded and thus, I can easily get updates for it. It will be used for playing PSP games, PSN games, internet radio; regular PSP usage. The modded PSP will be a device to play emulators. Once I get emulation running on it, I'll never have to update the firmware for any reasons (Question: does this sound like a reasonable plan, will things work out like I think they will?).

The PSP 3000 I intend to mod is the one I currently have. I already set up Playstation Network on it. I logged in with my account I created when I first got a PS3.

What is my concern...I'm not sure how to lay it out. I'm just wondering, I have one system I want to mod and one for regular use, and I set up Playstation Network access on the device I'd like to mod and the other one I ordered online will have access to PSN, so...will any complications arise? Will I have to deactivate/deauthorize PSN on the PSP 3000 I own now before setting up PSN on another PSP device? Or does Sony allow you to have PSN access on more than one PSP? Should I deactivate PSN on the PSP I want to mod before modding it?

Does anyone see where I might have concerns, or understand what I'm getting at? Basically, some concerns about how companies will sometimes make consumers jump through hoops with accounts and multiple devices.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    no need for two systems 6.60 was the last fw update for the psp as i dont htink there will ever be another update so just use the LCFW wich will revert back to ofw when fully shut down the psp then if you wanna run the cfw again just run the recovery app to get back on LCFW super simple

but if you wanna spend the money on another system thats your call i say save the money

im pretty sure you have have the same account on multi psp with no worrys
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Junior Member PSP User
    I'm definitely a noob at this and I have lots to read up on for modding a PSP. So this second PSP I ordered, does anyone else think I should return the unopened package to Amazon (it hasn't arrived in the mail yet)? So it is simple to use a modded PSP for regular use? When I have LCFW (what does that stand for), every time I want custom firmware, I just run a recovery app, and every time I want official firmware, I just fully shut down the system and upon turning it back on, it will run official firmware? It is just as simple as that?

If I make the mistake of going onto PSN or the Playstation Store while running LCFW, what negative consequences will there be? Will it brick my system? If it does, can I recover it through some means?

[QUOTE=Dubnoman;668304]I'm definitely a noob at this and I have lots to read up on for modding a PSP. So this second PSP I ordered, does anyone else think I should return the unopened package to Amazon (it hasn't arrived in the mail yet)? So it is simple to use a modded PSP for regular use? When I have LCFW (what does that stand for), every time I want custom firmware, I just run a recovery app, and every time I want official firmware, I just fully shut down the system and upon turning it back on, it will run official firmware? It is just as simple as that?

If I make the mistake of going onto PSN or the Playstation Store while running LCFW, what negative consequences will there be? Will it brick my system? If it does, can I recover it through some means?[/QUOTE]

nothing at all all my psp run either full CFW or LCFW and im on psn and playstation store all the time bro dont worry over it sony dose not care about the psp anymore really it al about the ps3 and vita

LCFW= lite custom firmware

and yes its that simple
    Last edited by dankgame; 10-19-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Junior Member PSP User
    Well, it is good to know that this ain't all that hard. I've never modded a system before. I'm not sure what it is like, hehe.

6.60LME-1.8 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums

here this is ment for you psp follow the readme if you have any questions please feel free to ask just dont ask where to download iso as we dont condone piracy here just a heads up

Junior Member PSP User
    I thank you for your help.

Could someone point me towards the best/a good guide on this forum on how to hack a PSP 3000? I'm finding different ones and some are a few years old. Would I have to use ChickHEN? Do I have to do anything like open up a battery and remove a pin found inside of it?

i gave you all you need in my psot download it and follow the readme dont worry about the guides just do as i say

Junior Member PSP User
    Well then, sounds good. I'll give it a go this weekend (not tonight, it is late). Thank you for all the help you've been giving.