Thread: New to PSP, help?

1. #1 New to PSP, help? 
    Hello, i am considering buying a psp. After doing some basic research, i have read a little about getting cfws for the psp. As such i have a few questions to ask

1) Is there a major difference between psp 2000 and 3000?

2) i read that psp 3000 ofw 6.60 is unhackable permanently. Does this mean that to have a permanent solution, i must downgrade to 6.20? Will it work?

3) Which firmware is the most supported ones, in terms of games?

4) How does one's psp get bricked, and how to avoid it?

5) New psp 3000 out of the box will have ofw 6.60?

6) Is it recommended to modify the psp myself? Is it just a matter of following instructions? i have successfully rooted my android phone( if that helps)

Thank you for your time and attention

L
    As far as the 3000 is concerned, if your on 6.20, there is a perm patch for that firmware that will allow you to keep your 3000 on CFW even if you turn it off(other types of CFW require you to run an activator to re-activate the CFW hence its name, "Lite" CFW).

I personnaly dont use the perm patch on my 3000 but instead updated to 6.60 and use this:6.60LME-1.8 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums, its very simple to use/install and as long as your not trying to install "Full"CFW (m33, GEN, ME, PRO's CIPL Flasher) or trying to edit the flash 0 or any of the flash's(1,2,3,4) you wont have to worry about a brick

Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    As far as the 3000 is concerned, if your on 6.20, there is a perm patch for that firmware that will allow you to keep your 3000 on CFW even if you turn it off(other types of CFW require you to run an activator to re-activate the CFW hence its name, "Lite" CFW).

I personnaly dont use the perm patch on my 3000 but instead updated to 6.60 and use this:6.60LME-1.8 - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums, its very simple to use/install and as long as your not trying to install "Full"CFW (m33, GEN, ME, PRO's CIPL Flasher) or trying to edit the flash 0 or any of the flash's(1,2,3,4) you wont have to worry about a brick
    what is the difference between this 6.60LME-1.8 and 6.60 PRO-C?

also what is this promethus plugin? do i need it? what is it for?

edit: what is the difference between 6.60LME-1.8 and 6.60 PRO-C? besides being permanent/non permanent