Thread: Return PSP with CFW

1. #1 Return PSP with CFW 
    Member PSP User
    I bought a psp off of ebay and when it arrived the screen was messed up. I'm going to be returning it to the owner but it now has CFW installed... should I revert this back to 6.60? I'm unfamiliar with this and don't want to face any legal problems.

I'm afraid I might brick it I have to ship this in the morning so I'd appreciate immediate responses please.

Also, I already have all the emulators and roms set up on my 32 gig memory stick... will I be able to put the 6.60 OFW & 6.60 ME 1.8 CFW on the memory stick and hack the new one with everything else on there or will that cause a problem?

Thanks.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sapienza89 View Post
    I bought a psp off of ebay and when it arrived the screen was messed up. I'm going to be returning it to the owner but it now has CFW installed... should I revert this back to 6.60? I'm unfamiliar with this and don't want to face any legal problems.

I'm afraid I might brick it I have to ship this in the morning so I'd appreciate immediate responses please.
    I'd Google a guide on how to go back to official 6.60 firmware. There's bound to be tons of them.

Also, I already have all the emulators and roms set up on my 32 gig memory stick... will I be able to put the 6.60 OFW & 6.60 ME 1.8 CFW on the memory stick and hack the new one with everything else on there or will that cause a problem?

Thanks.
    Yes. Well actually, the custom firmware you can use depends on the PSP you buy, but all PSPs can now run custom firmware.

*PSP-1000 (Phat)
    You can install full custom firmware. This includes 6.60 ME 1.8.

*PSP-2000 (Slim)
    If motherboard version is below TA-088v3, you can install full custom firmware. If the version is TA-088v3 or higher, you can only install lite custom firmware, like 6.60 LME 1.8.

Please note that there is no difference in terms of what the firmware is capable of; the only difference with lite firmware is that you must run a Loader app when you hard reboot the PSP before you're able to run homebrew. This takes about ten seconds and is not a big deal. Sleep mode is unaffected.

*PSP-3000 (Slim & Brite)
    Lite custom firmware is the only option. But as I previously said there is no loss of functionality, and the additional features of the 3000 make this PSP the best option in my opinion.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    if it came to you messed up i think you shouldn't touch and instead return it to the owner as it is.

L

Thanks.
    Keep it, its a Vader Slim, you will find a cheap screen on eBay and replace the bad screen. I bet by opening it up, you can probably fix it yourself

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by faustnero View Post
    if it came to you messed up i think you shouldn't touch and instead return it to the owner as it is.
    Well.... when it first got here, I thought it had a screen protector on it and the guy had just done a bad job putting it on... and it wasn't THAT noticeable until I actually booted up some games but by then... too late.

I actually looked around for hours and tried all kinds of things but could not remove the CFW... I sent it back to him as is... I went into system recovery and disabled the ability for that special screen with plugins and overclock settings to show just by pressing select.

I'm really hoping he doesn't notice or mind

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
    Keep it, its a Vader Slim, you will find a cheap screen on eBay and replace the bad screen. I bet by opening it up, you can probably fix it yourself
    Yeah, too late :/

I'm actually getting another vader slim, this one is from amazon. I'm hoping it wont have any issues.

I was actually looking forward to possibly replacing the screen but I decided against it because I believe the console may in fact be damaged and do not want to risk it crapping out on my in the near future.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Sell on ebay/amazon, write "CFW _____" in the eescription. Problem solved

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by ThEliteCommando View Post
    Sell on ebay/amazon, write "CFW _____" in the eescription. Problem solved
    Too late, already sent it back

beer makes me retardedly retarded PSP Mad Hacker diabolic-mind's Avatar
    you should have done what guapo said and replaced the screen yourself, its cake man trust me, ive done it more time than i can count. i would have even done a step by step video for you on how to do it. it takes like 10 minutes to do. it is really very easy.

Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by diabolic-mind View Post
    you should have done what guapo said and replaced the screen yourself, its cake man trust me, ive done it more time than i can count. i would have even done a step by step video for you on how to do it. it takes like 10 minutes to do. it is really very easy.
    I was actually kinda interested and excited to give it a try but I was afraid that I might accidentally break the plastic bits on the motherboard, the ones that connect with the ribbons. Also, considering that a screen replacement is $20, on a console that I'd just paid $80 for... I decided I should just send it back.