Thread: Installing CFW on PSP 2003

1. #1 Installing CFW on PSP 2003 
    Hello everyone!

I have been toying with the idea of buying PSP for a couple of weeks and have been lurking on the forum. My 2003 model has just arrived and I would like to install custom firmware on it. Have seen a couple of threads on similar topics but wanted to ask questions first so I won't brick my PSP.

Am I correct that newer CFWs allow to play newer games like Disgaea 2 and Tactic Ogre?

Any help is appreciated.

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    Yes that is correct.
    Now I'm gonna ask you to check first you psp system version. You can locate it in settings>system info. You can see it there, if you're not in 6.60 yet, i suggest that you update it via the psp's network update. After that, please grab these two items:
    psp_ident
    6.60 PRO-b10

extract both and place in the psp file directory ms0:/PSP/GAME. First, run ONLY the cfw installer. And then run the psp_ident. IT will now show you your mobo model and you can refer to this image if your psp is hackable or not.

If it does say it's hackable, continue on and run the cipl_flasher and you're all good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by faustnero View Post
    Yes that is correct.
    Now I'm gonna ask you to check first you psp system version. You can locate it in settings>system info. You can see it there, if you're not in 6.60 yet, i suggest that you update it via the psp's network update. After that, please grab these two items:
    psp_ident
    6.60 PRO-b10

extract both and place in the psp file directory ms0:/PSP/GAME. First, run ONLY the cfw installer. And then run the psp_ident. IT will now show you your mobo model and you can refer to this image if your psp is hackable or not.

If it does say it's hackable, continue on and run the cipl_flasher and you're all good to go.
    Thank you Faustnero. I am on system software 4.05 so upgrade is in order. Will do that tomorrow if my memory stick arrives.

Just one question regarding 6_60 pro ident, at the linked site there are 4 versions of B10 version, all dated October 2011. Should I grab them all or just the top one?

Super Moderator PSP Elite Hacker faustnero's Avatar
    just the top one that says '6.60 pro-b10'. sorry I though I put the link to the file.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkED's Avatar
    You could also use 6.60 ME (or LME.)

Here's a forum thread that describes the differences between the two custom firmware packages.

beer makes me retardedly retarded PSP Mad Hacker diabolic-mind's Avatar
    are there any noticeable differences between pro b-10 and 6.60me?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkED View Post
    You could also use 6.60 ME (or LME.)

Here's a forum thread that describes the differences between the two custom firmware packages.
    Man, I knew I should have bought already hacked one :> Decisions, decisions :P

Thanks for the info DarkED.

What is the difference between PRO-B and PRO-C FW and what does the patch for PRO_C do?

Quote Originally Posted by faustnero View Post
    Yes that is correct.
    psp_ident
    6.60 PRO-b10

Eh, nooby me, I have installed the update and extracted both psp_ident and 6.60 PRO-B10 packs into the GAME folder but on my PSP 3 files are being shown as corrupted data. There is an icon for psp_ident but when I try to start it I get an error saying the file is corrupt.

ok, nevermind, some browsing google and watching a couple of videos on youtube allowed me to sort this out. Thanks for the help guys

beer makes me retardedly retarded PSP Mad Hacker diabolic-mind's Avatar
    tada! glad you figured it out

Quote Originally Posted by diabolic-mind View Post
    tada! glad you figured it out
    It wasn't so difficult once I was able to make my PSP see the things I was putting into it

One thing that bugs me tho is I can't run cipl_flasher (PSP says it's corrupt data) so I have to run PRO B-10 after every hard reset. Oh well