Thread: Extremely new to PSP, really need help attempting hacks

1. #1 Extremely new to PSP, really need help attempting hacks 
    Okay, so I just bought a PSP 3000 the other day at a yard sale for $40. I've played with it only a little, and I heard it can be hacked. I've done some hacks before but only DS and Wii (they're pretty much the easiest.) Looking in to it, I found my software to be 6.20, and this can indeed be hacked. But I'm not sure where to begin.

First off, what can you do with a hacked PSP? What do you need to hack it? I have a memory stick with a 4GB micro sd.

yes it can be hacked i mean the firmware can be updated . what exactly do you wish ???

Quote Originally Posted by voyan View Post
    Okay, so I just bought a PSP 3000 the other day at a yard sale for $40. I've played with it only a little, and I heard it can be hacked. I've done some hacks before but only DS and Wii (they're pretty much the easiest.) Looking in to it, I found my software to be 6.20, and this can indeed be hacked. But I'm not sure where to begin.

First off, what can you do with a hacked PSP? What do you need to hack it? I have a memory stick with a 4GB micro sd.
    Well, for starters, if you've done Wii/DS modding before (not sure what you mean by DS hacking as it's just flashcarts at this point), this should be just as easy.

All firmwares can be hacked, and you could probably update to 6.60 and hack that, but you're fine staying on 6.20 as well.

In short, a 'hacked' PSP lets you run unsigned software - 'homebrew', as well as playing ripped ISOs. This means emulators, file managers, movie players, and every game in existence.

You don't really need anything other than a memory stick and a bit of time. Just look around at the various guides that tell you exactly what to do. Essentially, all you need to do is put a single folder on your memory stick, then run that file on the PSP.

yeah its cool but 6.35 pro-b is cool if u want to upgrade it than I Can guide you !!!!

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grigsdivesh View Post
    yeah its cool but 6.35 pro-b is cool if u want to upgrade it than I Can guide you !!!!
    please stop telling people to update to an old buggy out of date lcfw 6.60 is the latest and most stable

update with this first 6.60 OFW - Downloads - PSPMOD.com - PSP / PS Vita Forums

then download this and place the launcher and recovery in to your psp/game folder exit usb mode and run it boom your on not a lame ass lcfw
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=271
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html