Thread: Recently Acquired PSP 1001 Mod Help

1. #1 Recently Acquired PSP 1001 Mod Help 
    i can count on my hands how many times ive held a PSP.. i know nothing about them at all. i DO however know what theyre capable of and i want to do it.

i was given my PSP about 2 or 3 days ago with nothing but the handheld itself. its black and i immediately took it about and cleaned it it was pretty dirty and all that and hasnt been used in quite a while.

i bought a charger cable, a memory card adapter for it so i can use micro SD card (cell phone type) and also a set of silver buttons to make it look cool.

system specs.

PSP 1001

running on 5.03 OFW.

plans are to get it to run torrented games on it as he has lost a few of the games he has saves for. either ISO format or the other one. and the typical mods people usually run. im very picky about my torrents and i always makes sure they are secure as possible so please dont bash on me for torrents.

ive heard something about a pandora battery being used for modding but dont know much about that. so buying an extra may be in my future. im no stranger to electronics. but software is where i need the help in.

i want to know what CFW you guys would recommend for how i want to use it. thanks
    Last edited by blackstallion351; 04-16-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    5.03 is old. and with a 1000 can easily hack it. Pandora's with was the old way to do it. today you just open a downloaded file and that's it.

first update it to 6.60 in settings > system update, this will require Wi-Fi.
    Last edited by MrHappy; 04-17-2013 at 03:40 AM.

we dont condone piracy here so please dont post things related to that

ok. on a non piracy related note... what cfw should i run thats the most up to date and user friendly, IE not complicated.

summary. i want to play UMDs and ISOs along with mod the shit out of it..

Quote Originally Posted by blackstallion351 View Post
    ok. on a non piracy related note... what cfw should i run thats the most up to date and user friendly, IE not complicated.

summary. i want to play UMDs and ISOs along with mod the shit out of it..
    both pro and ME cfw's are user friendly, both will play ISO's without a problem. and you don't need to tweak it and set special setting to run a game, just launch the cfw file, that's it.

here is a short comparison of the 2:

PSP 6.60 OFW vs PRO (C-2) vs LME/ME (1.8)

in this example I used PRO C-2, which is a experimentational release. for a stable release to for pro b-10. b-10 and lme 1.8 were released very close to each other.

however since you mentioned you have a 1000, 6.60 ME 1.8 would be ideal for it.

thats great because i read somewhere about 6.60 ME 1.8 being a very good cfw and now that i have 2 opinions i will most def be using that.

my next question would be, what to do with the CFW after its in. do i need any secondary apps in there like homebrew or other things to run ISO or other mods people typically run?

the main reasons for cfw is to play ISO games, unsigned apps (3rd party), play psx, and load additional plugins, overclock CPU

to play ISO and homebrew, CPU speed control, not additional modification/apps is required. dot.

to play psx games, you will require to convert them first.

as for plugins, there are 100's to download varying from cheat engines, to 3d support (only for > 6.35), custom animations,

man that so great!.. thanks for that. you really helped me out.. i should be working with it today.

so my first step is going to be getting the CFW installed. then get a cheat engine and then im going to figure out how to OC the cpu and then run emulators