Thread: Why will nothing play????

1. #1 Why will nothing play???? 
    I have the proupdater 6.2 CFW and ive download the SNES9x emulator. Nothing will play. Everything says "this game cannot be started. the data is corrupt." I did some searching but everything I could find shows about 5.xx firmware or ChickHEN or something. Please HELP!!! I'm a noob also so be gentle with the abbreviations haha. I'm computer literate but new on the PSP hacking.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trojanman22 View Post
    I have the proupdater 6.2 CFW and ive download the SNES9x emulator. Nothing will play. Everything says "this game cannot be started. the data is corrupt." I did some searching but everything I could find shows about 5.xx firmware or ChickHEN or something. Please HELP!!! I'm a noob also so be gentle with the abbreviations haha. I'm computer literate but new on the PSP hacking.
    PSP emulators are not built for a specific version, a homebrew made at 4.xx will work on 6.xx.
    As in "this game cannot be started. the data is corrupt", you mean that the icon in the XMB is split in half and shows corrupted data, or you have a icon, and when launching you get the error?

since you called yourself a "noob", do you actually have the psp in CFW mode when you open the app? installing CFW will only have an effect until you reboot it/shut down, unless you launched the file "CIPL_Flasher" which made it permanent, and you may of shut it down, and tried opening the file when the CFW was inactive.
    That could of been one problem.
    Another one could be that you put the folders in the wrong place, make sure that when your putting an app on psp the directories are:
    /PSP/GAME/"name-of-app"/EBOOT.PBP

Quote Originally Posted by trojanman22 View Post
    Check to make sure your on CFW. Go to system information and It should say 6.20 PRO-B10 or 6.20 PRO-C for the firmware version. If it does not then you did not install CFW permanent.
    Last edited by bobbygrain; 04-17-2013 at 08:17 PM.