Thread: Helpless Scrub- "Corrupted Data" issues...

1. #1 Helpless Scrub- "Corrupted Data" issues... 
    First, thanks for reading my post. Secondly, I've just started this hacking thing yesterday and so I'm basically as noob as you can get. I've looked throughout these forums and other places on the web to find a solution to my problem but nothing seems to be working. LIKE, HOURS AND HOURS OF SEARCHING AND TRYING AND REINSTALLING AND OHGOD... @_@

I have a PSP Phat 6.60 with CFW PRO-C2 (have I embarrassed myself yet?) Anyway, my problem is with the ISO files for ALL of my games. Yes, I own these games legally- imported from Japan and everything. I'd really like to be able to create a English patch, but um, I can't even get the ISO file to work... and if I can't get the ISO the patch is basically useless unless. Siiigh.

I place the ISO game file in the ISO folder, in the root of the memory... thingy, but when I go to play the file on my PSP it's listed as "corrupted data" and the file icon thingy is all broken. like my heart

I've driven myself insane and back trying to find a solution to this and I CAN'T anywhere. ;A; I beg for your help!

I double and triple checked the ISO I had, and I can guarantee that the ISO does work. I had it running on an emulator, and had a friend also check the same file for me. So I don't think that's where my problem lies...The name of my ISO is def. short enough. My memory cardthingy is formatted with FAT32- which as far as my knowledge goes that is the correct format... orz what am I doing wrong?

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    PRO-C2 is good, and the latest, but i have also experienced problems with it at it's default settings, enter recovery mode, and in "advanced", disable the feature "NP9660 and inferno use ISO cache", if ti still doesn't work, change the ISO mode to M33.

Is your memory stick formatted on your PC in FAT32? because it's best if the MS was formatted on the PSP.

Plus, if you have an ISO tool, such as PowerISO, check does the structure have AT LEAST these files:

-PSP_GAME (directory)
    ---SYSDIR (directory)
    ------- (in here you have several other files, but unnecessary to even appear in the XMB)
    ---USRDIR (directory)
    ------- (in here you have several other files, but unnecessary to even appear in the XMB)
    ---ICON0.PNG
    ---ICON1.PMF
    ---PARAM.SFO
    ---PIC1.PNG
    ---SND0.AT3
    -UMD_DATA.BIN

what emulator did you use? PPSSPP is currently the best, and with emulators, only a couple of games are supported, so make sure this game is actually on the list of supported games.

btw, how can you create a english patch? you sound like you'd actually like to "make" a translation, or do you you just want to patch it with other software (like for MHP3RD)
    ♬ Don't Worry... Be Happy! ♬

I've tried both those setting in the advanced mode, but I'm still having issues. The memory stick was formatted on my PSP.

I did check to see if I had those files on the ISO which I did~. ..orz idk why I'm having so much trouble, dangit. I used both PPSSPP and JPCSP, PPSSPP did run it a lot better though. Unfortunately this game isn't on any supported list but I've managed to play my way into the middle of the game fine on the emulators.

Well, patching is difficult as heck, and I need to build my own set of tools especially for PSP games. *sigh* I'm taking it in baby steps. I really, really, really want to make this game accessible to people who can't speak Japanese because it's so brilliant. I think it's unfortunate that people who don't know Japanese can't experience it... So I guess I want to translate the entire game. Long road ahead...

So, new development. I tried what you said once more, and I don't know what I've done but the files are no longer appearing as corrupted data. *tosses confetti* Awwyis. Unfortunately, I'm now getting this message: "Game could not be started (80020148)".

WHY PSP, WHYYYY. Dx

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    I really don't have an exact answer on how to fix it, have you by any chance any plugins? disable all of them, for me, i got the exact same error as you got with GTA because of the TempAR cheat plugin, disabling made the game work great, just disable all plugins and try again.

Another Method, use an alternative ISO loader, the "Prometheus ISO loader" was a homebrew app made long ago for HEN (homebrew enablers), it will run ISO games using it's own code, so all your games will appear in the menu, then try launching them, i can't guarantee it will work, but it's worth a shot:

Prome ISO loader for HEN

Another alternative method, might be your CFW is messed up (don't how that is possible, maybe you had a bad download), but try LME, you can multiboot LME and PRO, LME is a temporary hack, so you'll have PRO, just launching the LME launcher will switch to LME CFW:

PSP CFW: 6.60 ME & LME v1.8 Released

make sure you download LME, not ME: ME is permanent, LME is temporary, so you'll still have PRO CFW.
    ♬ Don't Worry... Be Happy! ♬

Did you use a Memory stick reader or a USB cord?