Thread: Having trouble upgrading 4.01 m33 cfw to the latest ones

1. #1 Having trouble upgrading 4.01 m33 cfw to the latest ones 
    I have a psp 2001 which is the TA-85 V1 motherboard. It was bricked when I first got it. Then I use my pandora battery and mms to get it back up again. Then when I try to update it to the latest which was 6.60 ofw it crashes and doesn't boot up again. I tried with other ofw firmwires but it just doesn't work. It usually crashes and then black screen then it becomes brick again. I always have to boot it up again with the pandora and mms. Is there a problem with the psp or do I have to do some flash stuff?
    Oh I almost forgot I also tried using the hell cat recovery but it doesn't get me to the ofw, it crashes after I shut it off and doesn't come back on.

Sorry if I sound a newb, I just can't figure this one out.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP MrHappy's Avatar
    With hellcat do you choose "yes" when asking for a factory reset? This is crucial.

I can't guarantee this will work, but try the KeyCleaner homebrew since by using the early MMS.

Also I don't know what type of MMS you have but somewhere in the menu look for a option "fix MAC address" or "create MAC address" (I forgot which one it was called)

i wouldn't recommend updating your MMS as it does happen that PSP's get "stuck" at 1 firmware, and updating the MMS cause the data that it installs to be a different version and you get it bricked.
    ♬ Don't Worry... Be Happy! ♬

L
    Quote Originally Posted by driger61 View Post
    I have a psp 2001 which is the TA-85 V1 motherboard. It was bricked when I first got it. Then I use my pandora battery and mms to get it back up again. Then when I try to update it to the latest which was 6.60 ofw it crashes and doesn't boot up again. I tried with other ofw firmwires but it just doesn't work. It usually crashes and then black screen then it becomes brick again. I always have to boot it up again with the pandora and mms. Is there a problem with the psp or do I have to do some flash stuff?
    Oh I almost forgot I also tried using the hell cat recovery but it doesn't get me to the ofw, it crashes after I shut it off and doesn't come back on.

Sorry if I sound a newb, I just can't figure this one out.
    Let me ask you this, are you trying to update to 6.60 with your current MMS still inserted in the PSP?

@MrHappy: Yea I did click yes when reset to factory settings. I tried using key cleaner and still didn't work. Keeps bricking after I try to update with hellcat to 6.20 or even 5.0. I'll try to find that fix MAC address or create MAC.

@El Guapo: I use a different memory stick after I use Pandora and my MMS to fix the psp.