Thread: psp 1k not updating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 psp 1k not updating 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Hey peeps.

So i got a psp 1001 currently on 3.71 M33, trying to upgrade it to the latest version following the guide, however I get a "...cannot read memory card ...80010005" press x to continue then get the exact same error but has 80020321 as the code.

Using a memory stick bought online, a 2x 8gb adapter, formatted it within the psp system. Tried playing music and pictures, those work.. tried playing a game off the MS... did not work.. i dont have any UMDs to try with unfortunately... Any ideas?

L
    Have you tried updating it using the wireless function?

Junior Member PSP User
    Yes. Exact same problem

L
    Try formatting the memory stick

Junior Member PSP User
    Done that a few times

L
    Do you have a real memory stick?, I believe the problem is the Micro SD to memory stick adapter your using

Junior Member PSP User
    Unfortunately i do not have a real MSPD or whatever they're called.. i saw these ones on ebay were much less expensive and allowed me to upgrade in the future should i ever want something bigger...

If i were to get a small real one... do the update with that.... assuming that is what the problem is... will i be able to play games on this adapter-ed one in the future? im not sure if the error with the game was memory stick related or a simple old FW new Game issue

L
    You just need a small memory stick to use for updating, then just use your Micro SD adapter for Games, Music, Video's etc.

Junior Member PSP User
    Hmm. alright, ill see if i can find a cheap-o card at bestbuy or something...

If i could use this adapter one for games, why didnt this one work? current FW too low?

[EDIT]

Went to buy an actual lexar 8GB one (cheapest one they had.. 30$... feel mega ripped off) And im getting the exact same issue ~_~"

Now what?
    Last edited by twikky; 01-26-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Junior Member PSP User
    Bump... Ideas guys? i really want to get this thing to work

I would try the old pandora battery and majic mem stick untill you get to a higher fw. Actually I'm grabbing at straws here as I successfully 1) Updated to the latest OFW from sonys website. 2) Downloaded the appropriate 660 CFW from this site (pspmod) and followed the instructions just as El Guapo had recomended with no issues as of yet. During this time I also created a pandora batt and a majic mem stick and played around with that. I believe it will turn out to somthing simple as has for me in the past. Focus on the goal.

Junior Member PSP User
    The instructions say i dont need the pandora to update... i dont understand why i would have to make one to do so... I'm updating to an OFW... nothing magical about that IMO.. Is there some sort of safety in the M33 bios thing that prevents me from updating? i sifted through the features fast fast and didnt see anything that stands out.. but is there a setting that would otherwise get in my way?

I was having the time trying to update to the latest OFW and finally downloaded it from sony site, copied to memstick and ran it and alls well. Some of the older dark alex stuff had safety stuff installed so as to not overwrite the CFW If I remember correctly. I updated from 3.90 m-33 and after a trying trial I did succeed using the sony website.
    Last edited by loudog; 01-28-2014 at 04:41 AM. Reason: remembered somthing

Moderator I Modded My PSP Flash 0's Avatar
    Not sure about the firmware you are on right now but they have done that in the past where they prevent you from updating.
    In an Ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand and my right hand would just be used for punching.

I'll be the number two guy here on PSP MOD in six weeks, How? Name repition, personality mirroring and never breaking off a handshake. I'm always thinking one step ahead like a...carpenter that makes stairs.

Junior Member PSP User
    I'm on 3.71 m33

I tried looking for a lower firmware to update to, see if that works .. However I can't seem to find any links that aren't dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast