Thread: Trying to Get Caught Up Here (PSP-1001)

1. #1 Trying to Get Caught Up Here (PSP-1001) 
    Hello. I've been out of touch with the PSP scene for several years, but now I'm here to try to find some answers, though I found online that so many guides were full of dead links and outdated information! So I come to you for some help on how to get the MOST out of my PSP 1001 and get some recent updated info. There's many questions here so if you're able to answer any of them, please do.

1) I've just installed 6.60 Pro-C2 CFW, coming from 5.00-M33, and I'm wondering if this is generally considered the best/most stable/most popular one that's out right now? What other options for updated CFWs do I have and what would be the main reason for me to switch to them? In other words, is there anything major that I'm missing out on by staying with 6.60 Pro-C2?

2) Speaking of dead links: I can't download anything from dl.qj.net! What is the best place to browse/download homebrew apps & games? Is there a current up-to-date website for those?

3) IRShell was pretty great. Is it still the best XMB replacement available or do we have better ones being developed now?

4) Is there any homebrew that I'm unable to run right now on my 6.60 Pro-C2, or is it pretty much compatible with everything?

5) How does that "Memory stick speedup" option from the Recovery Menu work? Are there any consequences to that or is it safe?

6) When people say POPS, does that = PS1?

7) Can I get a guide on how to use the "seplugins" folder and how to isntall plugins? Maybe even offer some of your favorite plugins. Anything to unleash the PSP's full potential.

That's all folks. I'll be browsing the forum here and trying to learn more, but any answers are much appreciated.

L
    1. I personally like the ME/LME series of CFW

2. I have not updated the download section in a while but if you tell me what you need, I can for sure help.

3. If I remember correctly, IRShell has compatible issues with 6.60

4. Real old homebrew will run on 6.60 ME and LME firmwares

5. Its safe

6. Its your Father.

7. I can email you a working SEplugins folder and you can add stuff as you see fit.

Thanks! Appreciate the help :P

It's sad to hear that about IRShell. Using that XMB to navigate is a pain, and IRShell had some really convenient features.
    Is there any way to make the XMB better? Or any good shells like IRShell out there?

And yeah that'd be awesome to get that seplugins folder, just zip it up and upload to filedropper(.)com please

L
    Just PM (Private Message) your email and I'll send it to you