Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME for PSP Slim
The collaboration between ChillyWilly and CaptShoe has resulted in Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME for the PSP Slim, an update of the non-ME PSP Slim version AhMan released a while back. Here's the changelog:
* Ported to use 3.xx compatible MediaEngine library.
* Fixed button detection in key redefine screen when map analog to pad is enabled.
* Sound issues reduced, but not entirely. This would require more time.
* L+R functionality replaced by Home button. To quit, tap Home twice.
* The time to get back to the XMB should now be decreased. Homehook.prx courtesy of NJ.
* Simplified welcome message with the ability to disable completely.
* Option to turn off intro animation.
* New snesadvance.dat (speedhacks) by Illegal Machine and Warkobo. Thanks!
* New XMB graphics.
Aside from bringing SNES emulation goodness to the PSP Slim, this SNES emulator also works fine on old PlayStation Portables. According to Chilly Willy, this version is hardcoded to run at 333 MHz since the PSP Slim hangs when you change the CPU speed while MediaEngine is running.
This version of Snes9xTYL also burns up a lot of juice. Chilly Willy says that "sleep mode has been disabled since sleep would have done nothing at all". Both the CPU speed change and the battery drain issues are being worked on and should be fixed in a later release.
Please read the documentation files included in the download before installing this application.