Thread: Pandora (Unbricker/Downgrader) For The TA88v3 Runs In The Wild

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pandora (Unbricker/Downgrader) For The TA88v3 Runs In The Wild 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    Source:Wololo

An unbricker battery compatible with the ta88v3 has been released recently, and scene dev Yoti uploaded a video demonstrating the tool. Read along…

Nowadays running a custom firmware on a PSP is not complex, no downgrading is required as both pro cfw and TN Hen run on the latest firmware, and people who want to install another CFW such as M33 just need to use the necessary tools.
    But people who have joined the scene a bit earlier know that the biggest hack for the PSP was the pandora battery, where hackers discovered (with lots of work and a bit of luck) that the battery in the PSP was used not only to power the device, but also to enter service mode, so that Sony repair centers could quickly fix a broken flash or install a new firmware on a PSP. Coupled with a “magic” memory stick, this allowed hackers to create a very cheap downgrade/unbrick mechanism, and basically with a special battery and a special memory stick you could easily unbrick your psp, or install a custom firmware on it. I still have one of those, and it is the most convenient technique for installing a CFW on PSPs that support it. It is also extremely safe, because even if you mess up your flash, you have ways to rewrite it entirely, so there is no risk of brick, unlike recent CFW installation systems.
    Sony quickly reacted and their new PSP models were not compatible with this Pandora battery anymore. The first model of motherboards to include a security against the Pandora battery was the Ta88v3, the doomed psp2000 model. This model was still compatible with the battery and could enter service mode, but the magic memory stick didn’t work anymore, so it was basically made useless. Further models (the psp3000) even added more security, rendering the battery itself useless.
    Hackers Boryan and ErikPshat have found a technique to use a magic memory stick on a ta88v3, which is a big deal for those of us who are stuck with a bricked psp 2000
    The technique is described in this thread, and the result is shown in this video, made by dev Yoti (who has provided several updates for PSARDumper PSPIdent in the past) and showing the jigkick installing firmware 5.02 on a 6.38 ta88v3 (correction, the psp in the video is a ta85v2, but Yoti guarantees that the results are the same on a ta88v3)

Although this is an impressive breakthrough, I’m going to ask people to not share any links on this, as this unfortunately relies on leaked data/hardware belonging to Sony, and is therefore clearly illegal. Feel free to discuss, but links to infringing material will be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Maybe this is a stupid question... but didn't the original Pandora Battery/Jigkick rely on leaked data/hardware belonging to Sony as well?

L
    I saw this a couple of days ago and was really excited about the prospects that this may bring. Will it be released to the public is what I'm wondering???

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slowman View Post
    maybe this is a stupid question... But didn't the original pandora battery/jigkick rely on leaked data/hardware belonging to sony as well?
    this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    It's still interesting never the less.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker DarkFoxSniper's Avatar
    New video of it working on TA-088 V3

Quote Originally Posted by iedwardsIII
    In the words of DFS, go die.

PSP Motherboard F.A.Q. Coldboot Tutorial

Oh I never said this wasn't interesting, if this is for real, this is by a long shot the biggest breakthrough in the PSP scene since the original Jigkick.

If you don't want to watch the whole video then I'll give you a summary.

1. He proves several ways that it is indeed a ta-088v3
    2. He starts an update and then PULLS THE BATTERY OUT WITH CONFIDENCE right in the middle of the update.
    3. He pops in the new MMS and whatever they're calling the new Jigkick.
    4. It installs 5.02.

Brix were shat.

Spambuster Bitch PSP Elite Hacker dankgame's Avatar
    agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    new members and old read thisvvvvvvvv
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/introdu...uncements.html

Senior Member I Modded My PSP CDWells's Avatar
    I'm a little lost since the 3000 and the TA 88v3 motherboards have the same problem does this work on the 3000 with its added security

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CDWells View Post
    I'm a little lost since the 3000 and the TA 88v3 motherboards have the same problem does this work on the 3000 with its added security
    Nope, but it seems that this allows new doors.

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP bryanqjx's Avatar
    The video was amazing! I wanna try it on my bricked 2k slim but the steps are very long and complicated. I need time to figure out.
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Brought to you by Bryanqjx (PSPMOD.com)

5.03 GEN C --> 6.20 PRO B9 --> 6.35 PRO B9

I want it all, brand new socks and draws! PSP Mad Hacker thecoo1est's Avatar
    So this means you can permanently flash a 3000 right? I wonder if you can crack open a pspgo and hardwire this thing in and permanently flash it to, that would be the shizzle fizzle my nizzle drizzle.

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoo1est View Post
    So this means you can permanently flash a 3000 right? I wonder if you can crack open a pspgo and hardwire this thing in and permanently flash it to, that would be the shizzle fizzle my nizzle drizzle.
    1: no because a permanent hack still needs an IPL hack.

2: the psp go uses an internal battery thats way fucking complex to just be hardwired, and i'd bet money it doesn't even have a service mode of any kind. they probably just replace the shit if it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    Maybe this is a stupid question... but didn't the original Pandora Battery/Jigkick rely on leaked data/hardware belonging to Sony as well?

from what i read, sony left their pandora and mms in a psp and sent it back to some random guy. then he did some shit and now we have what we have today.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Quote Originally Posted by xavis View Post
    from what i read, sony left their pandora and mms in a psp and sent it back to some random guy. then he did some shit and now we have what we have today.
    Oh come on now, you're Sony player hater #1 man, you really think their lawyers would call it quits there? Or are you saying all these lawyers were hired because of stuff like this?

Texas Hellboy PSP Elite Hacker xavis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowman View Post
    Oh come on now, you're Sony player hater #1 man, you really think their lawyers would call it quits there? Or are you saying all these lawyers were hired because of stuff like this?
    i ain't saying shit, thats what i read somewhere, multipal places had the same article actually. i dont know, nor do i really care.

"I don't have an anger problem, I have a problem with idiots." - Hank Hill

CXMB Guide | IRSHELL UsbHost/RemoteJoy Guide! |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast