Thread: Redesigned Wii is as pointless as the cheap PSP

1. #1 Redesigned Wii is as pointless as the cheap PSP 
    Senior Asshole PSP Elite Hacker cowboycalstar's Avatar
    Two new redesigned hardwares from Nintendo and Sony targeted for the holidays, but with less features.

Last week, both company's surprised the gaming public by announcing two new iteration of their respective hardwares for the European market. On the Nintendo side, they've announced a brand new "redesigned" Wii SKU, that will come packaged with a Wii Motion Plus controller and Nunchuck, as well as two games, Wii Sports and Wii Party, set for release this October. So what have been redesigned you might asked? Well, according to the Official Nintendo Magazine, aside from ditching support for both GameCube games and hardware, the new Wii "is the same size as the current model." Meaning, nothings changed. In fact, it's even the same size as the old model.

Same goes to Sony's upcoming value-priced PSP. While you got to respect the fact that its a 99.99 device, the lack of wi-fi and the omission of on-board stereo sound is just ridiculous. Better save your money for the upcoming Wii U or PS Vita if I were you.

Rated: CERO Z PSP Elite Hacker
    Redesigned Wii - I can see the removal of backwards compatibility as a disappointment. Think about this though, does anyone still play Gamecube games? Did anyone play the shit in the first place? Gamecubes are ~$20-30 at friggin' Goodwill these days. My only question, is it still hackable? - THUMBS UP

Redesigned PSP - This thing is a total joke, which is a disappointment because I love the form factor. I simply do not understand why Sony chose to cripple this thing with a lack of WiFi though. That's RETARDED. There are tons of multiplayer games out there for the PSP. Truthfully, I do know why, and that's cost. How much does the wireless chip cost though, really? They've already sold millions of the damn things so economics of scale come into factor here. I bet they saved less than $3 on each one. Give it WiFi and raise the price $10. Personally, I'd like to take hackable 2K guts and fit it into an E-1000 shell because that thing looks badass. As it is though it's completely forgettable. - THUMBS DOWN + A FALCON PUNCH

I'd rather play GCN games than anything in the Wii library. There's still a many good games for the cube that I would still play/purchase than fucking Twilight Princess. I just think it's stupid do "redesign" when they're not and to take out nothing hardware wise. It's still the same damn size. I can see if they added in an ethernet port or something to make playing the thing (without modding it) fun that isn't Wii Bowling.

As far as the redesigned PSP, that's just 5 steps backwards. And lazy. I like the idea of redesigned hand-grips, but yeah, this thing is for people who have no friends. And don't like multiplayer. Or buying things from PSN.

also, the fact that they ripped out the speaker guts.

/doublepostcausenocanedit
    Last edited by dankgame; 08-26-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Hardware Modder PSP Elite Hacker BrokenRoses22's Avatar
    Crap looks like a china knockoff. XD

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboycalstar View Post
    also, the fact that they ripped out the speaker guts.

/doublepostcausenocanedit

commenting on the double posting no can edit...it sucks, annoying, drives me nuts, but let's make this site full of ads and piracy welcoming, also with the ads, i'm registered, been registered, they still have not gone away like we were told.

/end thread jacking...but yeah i do have NO use for either of these new releases, i'll get a VITA but only after the price drop
    [CENTER]

im on board to get a first gen vita. i hav no use for 3D gra[hics

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    I hate to thread jack also but when I want to edit a post I have to open it in a new tab/window and it works for whatever reason.
    This may work for you all or you may have already knew that sorry if you did.

On topic now I will not be buying either one of those products the E-1000 just seems like a waste when the Vita is coming out soon.
    I knew they would be making a new psp soon but I didn't think they would make a dumb move like that.

About the Wii I don't care, I like Nintendo products okay but I don't own very many except for a DS Lite And the games are too easy
    unless I want to play a puzzle game or pay 30$ bucks for a good game(I'm extremely cheap). Just not my cup of tea but they new wii
    seems like a bonehead move.

I think I may be enjoying a Vita soon though.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME 1.3

Hacked = 3

L
    I'm going to go out and buy me a "redesigned" Wii ASAP!!!

The DS has the capability to play N64 games and they squandered it to play schlock like Pokemon. I have an R4 card that I pretty much use to play my NES games but then I realize I could play it on a better lit system like the PSP. Out of the DS' entire library, I still pretty much only play SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters. And that's not saying much.

as for editing your posts, our admin has seen fit to add things like ADS and other useless junk but still can't figure out how to fix editing posts to avoid double posting. We've brought it up numerous times but it's a no-go.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    Is there a way to back up Ds games from the Ds? Also is there a N64 emulater for the ds if it has the capability?.

I've been in the Psp scene for a while and thinking about getting into the ds scene but I don't see anything that it really offers that I like.
    PSP 1000 6.60 ME 1.3

Hacked = 3

Financially Raped PSP Elite Hacker thesexyone's Avatar
    not even the psp emulates n64 well enough, if it's homebrew-based, the ds would probably die trying to do it
    TRY PSP HACKING FOR DUMMIES!
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/sony-ps...tml#post514825

...even a noob like you can click the link...

no there is no N64 emulator for the DS. what i meant is that it was capable of playing games like Super Mario 64.

as far as what the DS has to offer is games. just its own games and a few low-end emulators of the same brand. there is some homebrew but nothing to write step-mom home about.