Thread: Guide-How to Safely Downgrade ta-082 2.71 to 1.50

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Guide-How to Safely Downgrade ta-082 2.71 to 1.50 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker lommer's Avatar
    This is confirmed working, I just downgraded my ta-082 2.71 to 1.50 !!

Here is my guide step by step how you safelly downgrade.

Get this 3 files :

*http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/982 (ta-082 downgrader)

*http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4 (1.50 EBOOT)

*http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/922 (HEN-D)

Instructions:

step1:charge your psp battery ,to be sure to 100%

step2:formatt your memory card,(i recommend to backup the folder SAVEDATA in psp folder so that you can play your games were you stopped) after that do a hard reset if you don`t know how just remove the battery and put it back!

step3: Copy the UPDATE and idstoragechange folders into /PSP/GAME/

step4: rename the the official sony 1.50 eboot to UPDATE.PBP and put it in the /PSP/GAME/UPDATE

step5:HEN-D= Copy the dh folder(it is inside devhook folder!) to the root of your memstick.

Copy pspbtknf_game, pspbtknf_updater, pspbtknf, patch(bin), h(bin) and systemctrl.prx file(this files are inside ms_root folder!)to the root of your memstick.

Copy the HEND folder(it is inside psp folder!) into PHOTO folder.

Run HEN-D if you are not already running it by going to the photo menu and then entering the HEN-D.

one of three colors should come out:

A Blue Screen then a Green Screen! If it comes up with Red Screen that means it was not sucessfull installed. shut your PSP off(reset) and try again. IF it turns Blue Then Green, it was sucessful! It should restart your PSP.
    if it freezes. don't worry. just turn it off and try again.
    To check if you are already running HEN-D, go to system information in the system settings menu. It should say 2.71 HEN-D.

Hard reset = hold the PSP power switch up for about 15 seconds.

step6:go to game/memory stick and Execute the TA-082 idstorage change. It will change some keys of your idstorage needed to downgrade the ta-082. and agree by pressing x

step7:The program will exit to the XMB. Now again go to game/memorystick and execute the generic downgrade, which will show in the xmb
    as "psp Update version X.YZ"

step8: The generic downgrader will downgrade your psp to 1.50. you will see the progress don`t touch anything!! till it finished!!

- At the end, it will ask you to press X to restart the psp. you'll receive a blue screen telling you to press O. Do it, and change your settings.

ps: Don't forget to put the folder SAVEDATA back so that you can load your game data

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    nice and simple i like it,
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

If this works, you will be a godsend, since I got a 2.71 ta-082 for christmas. I have the option of trading with my friend for a 1.5, since he isn't interested in homebrew, but now I might just use this. I think I'll hold off to see if anyone else can confirm it though.

If anyone else gets this working, please share it so I may build the confidence to play with mine.

-SacrificialArts

DA's downgrader works beautifully. If your screen is black after the final reboot but you can still hear sound, just press the backlight button. I don't know if it was just my system or not, but my backlight turned off and for a moment I thought I'd bricked my psp.

Anyway, after the downgrade, you can apply the 3.02 oe a, then b, updates. They both work nicely.

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Arby_3000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sieravor
    DA's downgrader works beautifully. If your screen is black after the final reboot but you can still hear sound, just press the backlight button. I don't know if it was just my system or not, but my backlight turned off and for a moment I thought I'd bricked my psp.

Anyway, after the downgrade, you can apply the 3.02 oe a, then b, updates. They both work nicely.
    So you are saying that you can upgrade the psp up to 3.02 OB-A after downgrading?
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

Junior Member PSP User
    okay guys just confirm if I am getting this right..my nephews psp was out of the box ta-082 2.71..with the help of psp and tahval..it is running 3.01 / devhook .51..i can now downgrade his machine to 1.50(the holly ver.) and then upgrade to 3.02(a)....3.03(b).is that correct mates..thanks! I guess things have really changer quickly ..was told I could dgrade his sys. to 1.50...please advise if I am stating this correctly!!! Thanks

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker Arby_3000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingo
    okay guys just confirm if I am getting this right..my nephews psp was out of the box ta-082 2.71..with the help of psp and tahval..it is running 3.01 / devhook .51..i can now downgrade his machine to 1.50(the holly ver.) and then upgrade to 3.02(a)....3.03(b).is that correct mates..thanks! I guess things have really changer quickly ..was told I could dgrade his sys. to 1.50...please advise if I am stating this correctly!!! Thanks
    I'll tell you now. The dowgrade to 1.50 from 2.71 has been confirmed. The upgrade to 3.02 OE-A is still a little shaky.
    <<*I AM CANADIAN*>>

Upgrading from 1.5 to 3.02 oe-a isn't a problem. It's no more dangerous than any other firmware flash. I'm running it right now and it works nicely. I have only heard of one person bricking their psp since this new downgrader was released, and given that the link to the downgrader has been hit several thousand times now, I'd put the risk at very little.

works great. Went down from 2.71 and up to 3.02 oe-a then upgrade to b no problems.

after running the idstorage and xoming back to the xmb, i try to run the 1.5 downgrade, it says, you have 2.71, there is no need to update , and it just gives me the back option, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBo
    after running the idstorage and xoming back to the xmb, i try to run the 1.5 downgrade, it says, you have 2.71, there is no need to update , and it just gives me the back option, any ideas?

did you run HEN-D first?

did that, i was allready running hen-d, im not new to it

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBo
    did that, i was allready running hen-d, im not new to it
    ok and your umd drive is empty? no disc inside!

did you renamed the 1.50 eboot to UPDATE.PBP?

formatt your memory card and do a hard reset then follow the steps .. good luck

I succesfully Downgraded. Now to upgrade to 3.02 oe-b
    Black US PSP TA-082 MOBO
    3.03 OE-A Custom Firmware
    1GB Sandisk PRO DUO Memorystick

Favorite Game: Tales of Eternia
    Also own, Socom: FTB2, NFS:Carbon, Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony ,Valkerie Profile, Lumines, StarWars: Lethal Alliance, Medal of Honor:Heros, Untold Legends:Brotherhood of the Blade, Eragon and Burnout:Legends.

downgraded all things went fine thnx lommer....now the upgrade to 3.02 oe

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast