Thread: GUIDE:PLAY ISO/CSO FILES FROM YOUR PC via USB for 3.03OE

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 GUIDE:PLAY ISO/CSO FILES FROM YOUR PC via USB for 3.03OE 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker lommer's Avatar
    Before we start !! owners of ta-082 3.03OE you will need first to fix the Usbhostfs !!!!!!
    look at http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=431

Get this file http://www.zshare.net/download/usbmount103k-zip.html

Step1: copy the 'seplugins' folder to the root of your memorystick

Step2: make a new folder on the main Drive of your pc for example: c:\psp

open the pc folder and copy all the files and the iso folder to c:\psp

step3: Enter recovery menu/configuration and Disable use NO-UMD.

go to plugins and enable follow plugins:

usbhostsfs.prx [vsh] (enabled)
    usbmount_vsh [vsh] (enabled)
    psplink.prx [GAME] (enabled)
    usbhostfs.prx [GAME] (enabled)

important: if you have other plugins disable those first!

Step4: connect and turn on the psp, the first time your pc will detect it (a new hardware found), and ask you to install the driver....the driver is in the usbmount103
    folder(pc driver)!!

install the driver ...the psp is now reconized as psp type-b
    now turn off your psp

Lets play

PC:
    put your iso files in the iso folder on your pc and run the usbhostfs_pc.exe

now insert any umd disc and turn on your psp
    on your computer you will see command prompt (connected to device)

PSP:
    Push 'select' key to open menu on XMB
    1. Select ISO/CSO file what you want to play.
    3. Close menu
    4. Play your game like UMD Disc

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker zubieta's Avatar
    or you may use devhook for avoid flashing files
    2.01-2.6-1.5-2.71-1.5-1.0-1.5-2.0-1.5-3.03 OE(A,A',B,C)(3.10 OE(A, A')Recovery 1.5, Back to 3.03 OE-C

[09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0]

psp
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker psp's Avatar
    actually, there is no flashing, 3.02 oe-b has a built in prx loader, so you dont have to flash prxs no more,

thanks i was woundering how you do this
    PSP is back!!!

PSP modder
    l Rockin the 3.90 M33-3 Fat psp l Paintball Player l Reppin and sponsored by Dynamic Games Paintball

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker mime's Avatar
    Lonner what am I doing wrong ?

I did everything, I fixed my USBHOST on a TA-082 using the .bin and all. Now I mounted my ISO on C/:PSP/ISO

Then I enabled the pluging on recovery, disable NON-UMD as well. Ran the .exe file and it says connected and i installed the TYPE B PSP.

Well I Hit Select and I chose my ISO file... Right after that it says

"Disc could no be read"

Right after I close the MENU.. And go to my game part and the UMD just vanishes. I have a UMD inside the PSP.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the guide man!

hi mime i think its something with the settings!

connect to usb host pc : auto

use no umd via usb at game start: use

Senior Member I Modded My PSP
    YEA!

This is great!

68 Games backed up on my comp and when I go on a RoadTrip I can take my laptop now and my PSP =) Great!!
    So this Jewish kid walks up to his dad, right, and he goes, "Hey dad, can I have ten dollars?", and his dad just looks at him and goes "Eight dollars? What do you want six dollars for?"

Quote Originally Posted by mime
    Lonner what am I doing wrong ?

I did everything, I fixed my USBHOST on a TA-082 using the .bin and all. Now I mounted my ISO on C/:PSP/ISO

Then I enabled the pluging on recovery, disable NON-UMD as well. Ran the .exe file and it says connected and i installed the TYPE B PSP.

Well I Hit Select and I chose my ISO file... Right after that it says

"Disc could no be read"

Right after I close the MENU.. And go to my game part and the UMD just vanishes. I have a UMD inside the PSP.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks for the guide man!
    mime

your C/:PSP/ folder should have a ISO folder inside and 8 files (usbhosftfc , main , makefile , cygwin1.dll usbhostfs.prx , pspiofilemgr , nethodtfs , libusbo.dll )

if you still have problems use my plugins i uploaded at http://www.zshare.net/download/usbmount103mn-rar.html

Lommer hi,

I tried what I was told by you on your first post and it didnt work either:

connect to usb host pc : auto

use no umd via usb at game start: use

Thanks a lot for trying to help me. I do have those files on my C/:PSP folder and theres the ISO folder as well. I converted my own PSX games into ISO. Megaman X5 and Silent Hill. And none works..

I compared your uploaded file and my files and they are exactly the same size; no difference whatsoever. Thanks for taking the time to upload it.

I've tried everything I could think of. I did everything perfectly, When I fixed my USBhost it said that it was fixed and such and I could restart the PSP and if I see the ISO on the MENU and its list its because its working. But won't run the ISOs.

Could it be that Megaman X5 and Silent for some reason wont run or have problems running thru that plugin? I have a few more PSX games. Im going to try that out if not I guess I'll pass.. This would be the first thing that would get me completely STUCK with a PSP. I'll try this in two days my Girlfriend loves LOCO ROCO to death and kept the PSP. But i'll get it back tuesday.

Thanks a lot for your help Lommer! your help is always appreciated! I'll let you know if any of the other games I have work.

Once again thanks!

this plugins does not support psx iso ! only psp iso made from an umd disc and cso.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker urineanus's Avatar
    LOMMER-
    Could this hypothetically work on one of those portable hard drives posted around this forum? In the past I considered purchasing one to be not worth it; however if this method is compatiable to run iso back-ups off one of those devices then it would be the ultimate pocket accessory. I am trying this with my PC now, seeing as I only have a 1GB stick and most of my play time is right here next to the computer, this will be great to cut out the delete and copy process to switch games. Thanks for the hook-up.

ALSO:
    I put the plug ins folder in my root directly from the extracted RAR with out modifying it in any way and
    PSPlink.prx is not a plug ing option I have
    usbhostfs.prx[vsh]
    usbmount_vsh.prx
    usbhostfs.prx[game]
    usbmountgame.prx
    which are all enabled
    Whats the deal, my pc is not recognizing a new device with this set up. I am a non-ta 082 user by the way with 3.03 oe-b. Currently I have fastloader 0.7 installed if you know of any conflicting issues with this program.

Well I tried tooling around with this, and I now have the driver installed on my pc and I can get the menu at the XMB, when my psp does not freeze. I have to start mine without the UMD and then push the tray closed once the PSP has booted successfully; although once I push the tray closed it has frozen a couple of times. I have the plug ins set up correctly. Also when I get it to boot with out it says ISO not found. I put my ISO back ups in the provided ISO folder of USB Moun, is this incorrect? The only UMD I have on hand is portable ops, have you known Portable OPS not to work with this operation? This became a pretty large post with a lot of questions , sorry about that; thanks in advance. I am pretty stoked about getting this to work.

All it does is freeze with a umd now, every time.

first run the usbhostfs_pc.exe on your pc then turn on your psp, you will see command prompt (connected to device) don't close it!

haha Are you serious.. Only ISOS made out of "UMDs". Wow I'm slow or Im blind ... either one. But I really never saw anything about UMD's ISOs on the instructions or readme file or anything that was related to this software.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll try that out Tuesday .

Quote Originally Posted by lommer
    first run the usbhostfs_pc.exe on your pc then turn on your psp, you will see command prompt (connected to device) don't close it!
    I got this far and it is now recognizing the "UMD" for the back up on my pc in the XMB browser, icon a game flash come on screen. However when I go to boot the game I get the 8002014E error, happens with multiple games. Maybe you could give some examples of games you have this working with, or should it theoretically work with any UMD back-up? Again I for suspect the portable OPS UMD disc to possibly be causing some kind of mis-hap?

i play gta liberty city , wipeout,sonic rivals ..there are some games that won`t run with this plugins like monster hunter freedom..

Okay I have played some games with this, and it is bad ass.
    There is a trick to it.
    after loading up the USMMOUNT CMD (command prompt for those who are confused, the .exe that comes with the download.)
    change all your plug ins to the correct settings in recovery mode. Make sure you do not have any of the UMD region options enabled in your recovery menu. Turn off your PSP. Put a UMD in it, then turn it on. Use the select button to open your options and select the ISO back up you want. Sometimes you have to attempt to boot it twice! especially when switching which iso to boot from with the menu. Brothers in arms d day will not work for me with this, it goes through the initial loading screen and when the bar fills up nothing happens.
    BIG THANKS TO LOMMER!!!

I will complie a list of non-working games so everyone will be in the know, and maybe we can put our heads/PCs together and get some of these working.

non working UMD games I know of so far:
    Brothers in arms d day (made two different isos with 2 different copies of UMD this one will not co-operate)
    monster hunter
    MADDEN 06 ( I get the 800200d9 error which I believe means invalid PSP header, however I am going to try making another iso to eliminate the possibility of it being a bad iso file and not a conflicting issue between PSP mount and MADDEN, did that and same thing)

You will get multiple 8002014e errors while switching isos to boot from in the menu, a good rule of thumb is to expect to have to attempt booting a game twice after switching to get it to work.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast