Guide for installing 3.51 M33 custom firmware on your PSP(Easy upgrader and 3.51 M33 download links provided by Lommer)
Disclaimer: This firmware flashes your PSP. Whenever your PSP is flashed there is always a chance of bricking your PSP. PSPMOD, me, or the people that made this firmware cannot be held responsible if your PSP bricks.
-PSP with custom or 1.50 firmware
-Easy upgrader (download and skip to step 8)
- M33-7 update (only install after successfully completing the installation of the 3.51 M33 custom firmware)
Instructions for updating
1) Download the updater.
2) Unzip and put the M33_7 folder in <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME150
Note: the M33_7 folder is located within the M33-7 folder which is the main folder shown after being extracted.
3) Run the updater from the psp. (The update should take a couple of seconds)
Note: The updates are cumulative so the latest one will include the fixes from previous updates.
IMPORTANT: If your PSP has firmware version 1.5, download the 3.51 custom firmware and copy the folders kxploitpatcher and kxploitpatcher% found in the folder 1.5 only to <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME and run that patcher first.
Part 1 (setting up the files needed)
1) Download the custom firmware.
2) Download the 1.50 and 3.51 eboots.
3) Rename the 1.50 eboot to 150.PBP and the 3.51 eboot to 351.PBP
4) Place both of the renamed eboots to the M33CREATOR folder.
5) Place the M33CREATOR folder into <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME150
(for PSP's with firmware 1.5 place the M33CREATOR folder in <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME)
Part 2 (creating the updater)
6) Run the 3.51 M33 creator (It might take some longer than others to create the updater depending o the quality of your memory stick)
7) Once finished a new icon will appear on the PSP called 3.51 M33UPDATE
Part 3 (running the updater)
8) Run M33UPDATE
9) The updater will warn you of a possible brick. If you want to continue press X if not press R to return to the XMB.
10) When finished press X to shut off. Restart manually
11) you should now have custom firmware 3.51 M33. Enjoy.
Back up of Flash0 and Flash1 for 3.51 M33(Back ups provided by blizzard182)
For anyone not satisfies with 3.51 M33 here is a link to recover back to 1.5 then upgrade to any other custom firmware of ur choice.
(added thanks to vocoder)
List of ISO's that work with the new M33 NO-UMD enabled. (The latest update needs to be applied first)
-List of ISO's
For 1.5 users. Access the recovery menu by holding down the R shoulder button when the PSP is being turned on. The PSP has to be completely shut off and not in sleep mode for the recovery menu to be accessed.