Thread: New to CFW and need some major major help!

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 New to CFW and need some major major help! 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    All right, I successfully got my PSP modded to 3.71 m33-2 but here is where the questions come.

    1. How do I update it to the latest CFW?
    2. Apps that I can use? where can I find them and are their any suggestions?
    3. Um... I don't know I am just ecstatic that I got it to work!

    Thank you for any and all help, I have my psp sitting right next to me so I can do stuff easy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,716
    1.)make sure u have use m33 network update enabled in ur recovery mode and then just do the normal firmware uypdate on ur system.
    2.)theres a ton of apps and games at qj.net(look at the side of the screen)
    3.)cool
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mobsterbouma View Post
    1.)make sure u have use m33 network update enabled in ur recovery mode and then just do the normal firmware uypdate on ur system.
    2.)theres a ton of apps and games at qj.net(look at the side of the screen)
    3.)cool

    1.)make sure u have use m33 network update enabled in ur recovery mode and then just do the normal firmware uypdate on ur system


    How do I do that if I may ask (may be a redundant question and the answer is right in front of me but I have to ask)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,716
    considering u know wut recovery mode is (if not its the screen that comes up when ur psp is fully turned off and u turn it on while holding the r trigger) u have to go down to configuration and then click on m33 network update util it says enabled. then just exit recovery mode and go to settings and check for network update. it will say it found a later version and install it. then go to the game folder and run the update. easy as pie!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mobsterbouma View Post
    considering u know wut recovery mode is (if not its the screen that comes up when ur psp is fully turned off and u turn it on while holding the r trigger) u have to go down to configuration and then click on m33 network update util it says enabled. then just exit recovery mode and go to settings and check for network update. it will say it found a later version and install it. then go to the game folder and run the update. easy as pie!
    Ok, in recovery Console Under Configuration I see:


    Skip Sony Logo (Currently Disabled)
    Hide Corrupt icons (Currently Disabled)
    Game Folder homebrew (curently 3.71 Kernel)
    Autorun program at yadayada (currently Disabled)
    umd mode (currently Normal)
    Fake Region (currently disabled)
    Free umd region (Currently disabled)
    Hard reset on homebrew (currently disabled)
    Use VhsMenu (currently Enable)
    XMB usb device (currently memory stick)
    Charge batter when usb cable plugged (currently disabled)


    I don't see the m33 update thing you are talking about.

    Maybe I am missing something?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,716
    hmm thats odd. try getting the firmware update from ur computer and puuting it in the MSO/GAME/UPDATE folder. what firmware version do u want?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mobsterbouma View Post
    hmm thats odd. try getting the firmware update from ur computer and puuting it in the MSO/GAME/UPDATE folder. what firmware version do u want?

    I guess whatever the latest CFW that I can update to would be the one I want.

    Perhaps I don't have the option because I am on stock CFW?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,716
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. need major help!!!
    By nicholasmega in forum PSP Hardware & Repair
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
  2. Need major help.
    By ttcoleman8 in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 04:29 AM
  3. i Ned Major help PLz
    By PLASTIKMAN in forum PSP Software, Firmware & Plugins
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-04-2008, 07:30 PM
  4. in major need of help
    By moshcore in forum PSP Homebrew
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 01:45 PM
  5. I Need Major Help Somebody
    By halfbreed2142 in forum PSP Homebrew
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •