Thread: Getting up to date

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Getting up to date 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Basicaly my brother updated broke my CFW 3.90 m33 PSP. Now I'm buying a new 1.5 jap import PSP phat, or should I get a slim or what? I'm used to the phat and now how it works, never worked with a slim ect. The jap import is one of the original ones with the better screen.

I need help with regards to tutorials with how to upgrade it to the newest firmware and how that'll act with regards to homebrew and other stuff I'm not aloud to mention on here. I remember when I ugpraded to 3.90 some apps didn't work ect, I want to know what the best FW is atm since it's hard to get a straight answer across the many forums.

I also remember I had an awesome RSO theme, with the introduction of custom themes now are these obselete?

I had a custom background (changed in flash), battery, icons, wave and volume bar, aswell as coldboot and gameboot. Are these still useable? As far as I've known I've found the icons and volume bar, but they're in 3.30 format. Any ideas how to modify them? I remember extracting them into an RSO convertor thingy, then re-saving them in another RSO convertor, or something along the lines for 3.90 m33. I'd like to retain the same theme if possible.

I'm going to dig around for my old battery bar, wave (If i remember rightly, it was a 3.30 wave which worked fine on my 3.90. It was a really thin wave) and my coldboot was a bleach one, not sure if I'll be able to find it. It was basicaly the bleach logo which cut off in the normal way. If anyone can rememeber it that would be fantastic. Gameboots I know you can't help me with here, but I'm sure I'll find it.

I know this is alot to ask, but it would be fantastic if you guys can help me, this forum stuck out in my mind the last time I was in the scene so I guess it's the best place to start for help. I'm not asking for you to do all the work for me, just links to some tuts and answers to some of my questions would be awesome.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Kaikz's Avatar
    best fw:5.00m33-4/5.02GEN-A
    and yeah u can still do all that stuff and custom themes

Homebrew Creator PSP Elite Hacker Mobster's Avatar
    whats the difference between m33 and gen-a again?
    Left4Quake donation complete!

Left 4 Dead on PSP!

gen has buildt in game gategories, can make a pandora/revert in recovery, enter recovery frm vsh, exit recovery with select and theres bound 2 be more but i cant think of them off the top of my head

so do u think i should switch to gen then? also wut do u mean by built in game categories?

Left 4 Dead on PSP!

Junior Member PSP User
    Sweet, can I upgrade to that from 1.5 yeah? Going to try to sort out my themes now, any idea how? I can't really remember, at the moment they're in 3.30 form. I need to make them into 5.04.

And is the phat still the best bet for homebrew? Or should I look into the new-er models?

yeah u can upgrade right from ur current fw as long as u got the pandora battery and magic memory stick. once u got the newest cfw version u can use ctf themes which totally change the look of the homescreen. id just download one made for ur cfw version instead of trying to convert it. also the phat is definitely(in my opinion) the best for homebrew still. if u still wanta modify the themes just google for a converter

Left 4 Dead on PSP!

rabid-yep and u can get a converter 2 convert them 2 5.02 and not sure on that last 1 (i have a slim)

mobster-if u want its up 2 u. game categories-say i have all nfs psp games and all crash bandicoot psp games all in iso/cso but i want them separated, in the ISO folder i would make a CAT_NFS folder and put the nfs games in there and another folder in the ISO folder called CAT_Crash B and put all the crash game in there same with the game folder. i have a few sections, Apps, PSX Games, PSP Games, Other Games, Other Junk its a good plug-in

o sweet ive always thought that would be helpful. one last q. considering i have a lot of homebrew and plugins and stuff made for 5.00m33-4 does that mean i have to go download each thing for the gen cfw?

Left 4 Dead on PSP!

Junior Member PSP User
    I'll look up some themes. Basicaly all I want is a grunge theme with a very thin wave (few pixels) and then my custom background. My battery bar was grunge, coldboot I can live with since I basicaly disable it and gameboot is easy to change. My volume bar was a bleach one but I can deal without it.

The problem comes from pandoras battery and MMS. Afaik, you need CFW to make them? Unfortunatly my old CFW is broke .

rabid-u should buy 1 its a lot easyer
    mobster-nah mine r all good but u have 2 get the new cxmb and popsloader (not sure 'bout pops)
    edit:mobster-if u use irshell 4.8 u need the gen version, m33 wont work
    Last edited by iPenguin; 01-15-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Junior Member PSP User
    Buy a MMS or a pandoras battery?

yeah making them is 2 much hassle (well 4 me it was)

Junior Member PSP User
    I think I'll look into buying a PB but I've got a spare 2gig stick lying around aswell as my 4gig I use for apps. I could use the 2gig for a MMS (assuming it's easy to make) and buy a PB?

yeah use rains ultralite mms maker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast