Thread: Just Got Ebay PSP - Need help

1. #1 Just Got Ebay PSP - Need help 
    So I just got a PSP (fat) off of ebay. I'm new to the scene (Be gentle) but with all the advances in PSP hardware (2000 3000) I don't know where to begin. I have heard that PSP 2000/3000 software doesn't work on the 1000, but I can't seem to figure out where to begin finding PSP 1000 software. What should I run? The PSP came set up with M33 VSH installed and Resistance running on the mem stick. The system info says 5.00 M33-6.

I am kind of new to the homebrew scene (had a PSP at luanch, which I added early homebrews to, but it was stolen from my car after a year). I was wondering how/what I should check about the system, such as if I have a hard modded Pandora Battery or not.

Also, I wanted to run some kind of universal remote. Will I have to change my current homebrew or which should I use?

Thanks for your help. I know I'm a noob, but any help would be awesome. I tried searching the forums and Its hard to tell what works on my system and what doesn't. I just need some solid ground to start the foundation of my PSP modding.

Knights of War PSP Elite Hacker KoW210's Avatar
    If the firmware is 5.00 M33-6 then your good that's the latest custom firmware, and by the way the PSP 1000 is the best psp for homebrew compatibility so your good there. The app to control your tv is called universal remote, Install IR Shell onto your Phat I think it has it built in.

yeah, I replaced my stolen PSP with a 1000 cause I was told it was the most durable/hackable. What version of IRShell should I run? The website lists/shows mostly Slim/Lite versions first... I can't figure out what version I should download or which are compatable with my firmware.

Thanks for your help!!

Senior Member I Modded My PSP J0EY's Avatar
    i think all homebrew should be compatible