Thread: Format PSP to factory settings

1. #1 Format PSP to factory settings 
    Junior Member PSP User
    i dont know how many of you set security codes for your psps, but my brother did that when he first got his. i have always wondered why the psp had that option, except for maybe stealers? well now im in sort of a bind. i acquired his psp, since he found a 1.5 for sale and jumped on that. im using the 2.6fw homebrew with the GTA method and all works well. i am curious though, how to reformat the PSP back to factory settings? I want to erase everything, and start up the PSP like i just bought it. i dont know if it requires the security code, because if it does. im screwed. niether myself or my brother remember what it could be.

if anyone can help, please let me know. i can do without it, but it kinda bugs me knowing i might get locked outta my own psp one day....

TIA for the replies

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker SAYN's Avatar
    the only thing that can think of is restore to deafault settings, and you can do this by:
    Settings>system settings>restore default settings..

Junior Member PSP User
    yea i tried that. no luck...

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Solitaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by junknstuff
    yea i tried that. no luck...
    If you upgraded past 2.0 you stuck at that version. I have updated from 2.5 to 2.6 because really they both had the same homebrew support and I needed to play a game that required an update. I try to restore to system default and it don't work. It will restore you to the default of the current firmware you are using...

Senior Member PSP Mad Hacker DarthWalker's Avatar
    I belive takeing the battery out for 9 hours will reset the PSP to factory settings. You can give that a try.

List of the PSP-Mod legends, once on PSPmod.com; drizzle, BLACKOUT, jrmdb3, matrixsucks, IONz, mofo196, julie, TZone, SAYN, psplaya, Cloud Strife, demondude777

Junior Member PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire
    If you upgraded past 2.0 you stuck at that version. I have updated from 2.5 to 2.6 because really they both had the same homebrew support and I needed to play a game that required an update. I try to restore to system default and it don't work. It will restore you to the default of the current firmware you are using...
    im not trying to downgrade here, i've read enough about that to know it cant happen with my 2.6FW.
    what i wanted to do was simply bring the psp back to its factory settings, even if it is on the 2.6FW. i want to be able to set up the psp settings from the beginning like i just bought it since, due to my original post.

DarthWalker, thanks for the tip. i'll give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by junknstuff
    DarthWalker, thanks for the tip. i'll give that a try.
    No problem dude, just do it when you go to sleep, that way you dont miss out on the PSP fun.

List of the PSP-Mod legends, once on PSPmod.com; drizzle, BLACKOUT, jrmdb3, matrixsucks, IONz, mofo196, julie, TZone, SAYN, psplaya, Cloud Strife, demondude777

Junior Member PSP User
    haha for sure. i dont have class till 11 30, so 9 hours of no psp shouldnt be a problem. its not like im on the damned thing 24/7....lol

9. #9 Well? 
    So did it work dude?

Junior Member PSP User
    no, it didnt work...haha

i just used the restore default settings to see if it would do it but no luck

whats the default code btw?

man I read the discription for this on google and I really hoped it would work and I read through the whole thing and got my hopes up until I read the last post. I need to set my psp to default settings because I want to downgrade my psp but I allready upgraded it to V 5.3 which is the latest version which I can never find any information on how to downgrade it. Can anyone help me? if you can email it to me: mathew13smith@yahoo.com or smittyentertainment@rocketmail.com any help will be greatly appreciated THNX!