Thread: PSP 3000 Hacked!!! with Tutorial

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 PSP 3000 Hacked!!! with Tutorial 
    Junior Member PSP User
    Ok so someone has figured it out, How to hack a PSP 3000 hack. Here is what you have to do to get your PSP 3000 up and running with .iso and .cso support as well as homebrew. Most of this I did on my own but at the bottom where I used some help I gave credit where credit is due. First the List. :thanks:

PSP 3000 hack 5.03GEN-a Tutorial
    Once you have all 3 of these items lets get you into 5.03 OFW. Open the file that you downloaded for 5.03 OFW and it will come with a .exe file. Double click and it will prompt you to connect your psp through the usb cable. *Connect the psp* Do so and hit the install option. Once it's done placing files, go to the game tab, then memstick to find and run the 5.03 firmware update. Let it do its thing and in not time you will be updated to 5.03 OFW.
    Now that we have taken care of that lets get started with the ChickenHen. The ChickenHen should come with an autoinstaller. All you have to do is have your PSP 3000 hooked up through the USB cable. Click on the ChickHEN Installer and it will add 5 picture files to your PSP.

Now lets get your PSP into ChickenHEN Mode. Go to your Picture app on the main screen of your PSP and click on it, whether with X or O and it will bring up a sub-folder that will say ChickenHEN.

Now here comes when the timing has to be just right. For me its when the words just start to pop up from the pictures. All you have to do is open the folder and get the timing right (Which may take 3 to 5 times to get it just right.)Click the folder and scroll all the way down to the bottom picture and hold the down button on the D-pad until it either does a screen crash (which is good) or it freezes and you have to wait for the PSP to boot back up on its own. Once you get the screen crash the psp will auto reset into chickenHEN R2 mode. Anyways after that painful but fulfilling process now your in ChickenHEN R2 mode. Check your system settings and it wont lie to you.

Now lets talk about once your in ChickHEN how to update to 5.03GEN-a for your PSP 3000.

01. Connect your PSP to the computer in USB Mode when you have loaded ChickHEN R2.

02. Unzip 5.03GEN-A_for_HEN.zip on your desktop.

03. double-click on LAUNCH-ME.exe (While still on your PC)

04. PSP Model : choose option PSP-3000 (also works for the 2000)

05. Mode : Choose option FULL

06. PSP Install : Choose option YES

07. Type in the Drive letter that the PSP is on (example for mine its the J: drive)

08. Now click on START.

09. The files are copied on your PSP.

10. Disconnect the PSP from USB.

11. Launch the main Game Icon on your Sony PSP's main menu while in ChickHEN R2 firmware, and click on the Update Installer (only ChickHEN R2! NOT ChickenHEN R1!).

12. When the app load, press L trigger or R trigger to flash the firmware in your flash. Once done completely it will say done with success.

13. Press O to reboot in the custom firmware.

14. Now go to system settings again and there you go, proud new owner of a hacked PSP 3000.

NOTES:

- When you installed the custom firmware in your flash you can remove the "files" folder in the MS ROOT.
    For your own safety, is better that you rename or erase the prx called "flasher.prx" in the MAIN APP folder to
    avoid wrong flash times.

- If you shutdown the machine or the psp crash, you will need to use ChickHEN R2 again to load the main app and 5.03 CFW Update installer and press O
    to reboot in the custom firmware, but if you dont shutdown the machine you are in the custom firmware forever,
    so just remember to put the system in suspend mode so you dont have to do this again.

- IMPORTANT Dont forget also like I did the first time that once you get your CFW on the PSP you have to bring up the vsh menu and switch the driver to M33 driver, or none of your .iso or .cso will work. While in this process remember to never mess with the flash files unless you know what your doing, because if you brick a psp 3000; the pandora battery will not save you. Even if you are using something simple that you have been using forever in your psp 2000 slim. Just worry about the .iso support as of now. One last thing...their has been bug reports on the game Rock Band Unplugged. Apparently it has some antihacking mechanics that will delete your game folder so that you cant see the .iso games on your psp anymore. Quick fix just add a blank .txt file to the GAME folder if you plan on playing this game.IMPORTANT

Courtesy of: GENyUS for the 5.03GEN-a install

Thanks for this release :

- Dark_Alex for all his great work on scene since 4 years
    - Miriam for his full reverse from M33 and the 5.02GEN-A
    - Davee for his great chickHEN R2
    - PSPmods.com for all there support
    - PSPjunky for being persistant & a helping hand in 5.03 OFW installer
    Last edited by jj_26meu; 07-08-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    There are already several threads/guides on how to use ChickHEN. We don't need another.

how does ChickHen work with psp's with version 5.51?

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Killer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitochondria View Post
    No matter how many there are, there is people who will still ask the same fucking questions.
    Case in point:

Quote Originally Posted by dmotero View Post
    how does ChickHen work with psp's with version 5.51?
    Last edited by Mitochondria; 07-08-2009 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Re-Quoted.

I like it, and I would use it if my psp wasnt on 5.50
    Trying to Hack a PSP(Slim or Fat) with newer OFW than 3.50?

-Buy THIS BATTERY,(or hack your own) and make a MMS. Then follow THIS GUIDE.
    ---------OR---------
    -Load ChickHen R2(WORKS WITH PSP 3000 and CURSED 2000!)

But, before you do either, figure out what motherboard your PSP has by clicking HERE!(Determine PSP Hackability)

Junior Member PSP User
    Just spreading the love

Hello, today i just recieved my brand new PSP 3004 with software version v4.21 (birthday gift)

I've tryed this tutorial and it doesn't work. Do i need to upgrade my version to 5.03 then try again?

Regards,
    Bamster
    Last edited by Bamster; 07-23-2009 at 10:56 AM.

How do i open the vsh menu on psp3004?

Ok..... let me tell you the steps i took:

1 upgraded to version v5.03
    2 extracthe the Hen files on PSP
    3 opened the images in right order (when slim, the psp screen freezez then after 5s psp is shuting down and NO RESTART)
    4 i manually restart the PSP but when i look at version is still v5.03, not the chicknHEX one

Please help!
    Last edited by Bamster; 07-23-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Mk....after 40 tries the ChickHEN worked, and now i got v5.03 GEN-A (Full)

Still one question guys. .iso and .cso games doesn't work. It is posible to make them work now that i have 5.03 GEN-A (Full)?

Still do not know how to open that vsh menu to switch to M33 driver. (the hold R_button+Start method doesn't work)
    Last edited by Bamster; 07-24-2009 at 07:27 AM.

Make an ISO folder in the root of your memory stick and save all the iso and cso game in that folder.to access the vsh menu just long press the start button

Yup...had the ISO folder setuped already.

After few hours trying to get the deamn vsh menu up, i managed to switch to M33 driver, and all iso games started to work.

To be honest i dunno in wich part of main menu i was when vsh poped up. Anyway thank you for help.

Start/Select buttons have a very strange way of working.

so does this mean that i can buy a psp 3000 and not worry about a thing because i can hack/mod it and download games from pspiso.com and able to play iso or cso games?

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by razzie87 View Post
    so does this mean that i can buy a psp 3000 and not worry about a thing because i can hack/mod it and download games from pspiso.com and able to play iso or cso games?
    Piracy is not allowed here. Begone with ye... Go read the bloody rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubbabubba View Post
    Piracy is not allowed here. Begone with ye... Go read the bloody rules!
    whats the point of this forum then?

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    Roam around the site and take a look at what's posted by other users.

Forum is meant to help people with modifying their psps, either through hardmods or softmods such as cfw.

Just because you have cfw on your psp does not mean that you have to pirate games. there are other things you can do such as using homebrews that people not affiliated with sony make.

(Piracy is not allowed here because this site is bound by US law (Can be shut down if piracy is openly talked about, ect))

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast