Thread: Modding My PSP 1000

1. #1 Modding My PSP 1000 
    Banned PSP User
    I'm having issues, I recently broke my PSP... It didn't actually break perse, but for some reason it just stopped reading UMD discs... Everything else, such as videos and music works fine. There seems to be no way to fix that I've found so I've just decided on having it modded, but I'm having trouble finding a reliable person... Preferably someone who would do it for free, but I don't mind paying a little bit... I want to get back the games that I had already bought, and also get a few more games for free....

Is there anyway I can get it modded for free, or for cheap??? Any reliable websites, anybody on here??? Preferably someone who lives in Southern California...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    I'm having issues, I recently broke my PSP... It didn't actually break perse, but for some reason it just stopped reading UMD discs... Everything else, such as videos and music works fine. There seems to be no way to fix that I've found so I've just decided on having it modded, but I'm having trouble finding a reliable person... Preferably someone who would do it for free, but I don't mind paying a little bit... I want to get back the games that I had already bought, and also get a few more games for free....

Is there anyway I can get it modded for free, or for cheap??? Any reliable websites, anybody on here??? Preferably someone who lives in Southern California...
    Yes, there is a way your PSP can be hacked for free. It's time consuming but it will be worth it . You can use the ChickHEN + Hellcat's Recovery Flasher method to hack your PSP.

Banned PSP User
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessChaos View Post
    Yes, there is a way your PSP can be hacked for free. It's time consuming but it will be worth it . You can use the ChickHEN + Hellcat's Recovery Flasher method to hack your PSP.
    Is it easy??? And can I please get a simple guide...

Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    Is it easy??? And can I please get a simple guide...
    I would love to help but I cannot post any URLs due to the fact that my number of posts is below 15.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    I'll help you out. But you need to tell me what version your PSP firmware is. Do this by going to System (all the way to the left) --> System Settings --> System Information

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Senior Member I Modded My PSP geared_up78's Avatar
    If its a psp 1000 why would he need to use chickhens, couldnt he do a permanent m33 hack.
    Last edited by geared_up78; 08-05-2009 at 05:36 AM.
    PSP services for sale. Custom Paint jobs, CFW installed, LCD screen replacement, LED mods, all work guaranteed and done cheap. 10 year game console modding exp.

I would say read the guide section of this website you will be hacked in under an hour.
    PSP services for sale. Custom Paint jobs, CFW installed, LCD screen replacement, LED mods, all work guaranteed and done cheap. 10 year game console modding exp.

Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker Product F(RED)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geared_up78 View Post
    If its a psp 1000 why we he need to use chickhens, couldnt he do a permanent m33 hack.
    You can do a permanent hack without a Pandora using ChickHEN. You use ChickHEN to load Recovery Flasher 1.60, and that will put you on 5.00 M33-6.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz | 4GB A-Data DDR2 RAM | Sparkle Nvidia GeForce 9400GT 512MB
    Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | Intel GMA HD

Banned PSP User
    Hye ProductFRed, My system firmware is 5.02... Is that good or bad?

Banned PSP User
    Having a broken PSP sucsk... It such a cool system but its too fragile... I haven't even had the damn thing for 4 months and its already malfunctioned... I totally need to get it modded...

Banned PSP User
    Is modding something I would be able to do on my own???

I see Fred. And yes alex its something that you can do yourself. If you can follow a guide and have some basic PC knowledge you should be fine. You can look through the guides here or google it. There are thousands of useful guides. Just make sure your using the one thats right for your PSP. You could also send it away to have the UMD issue fixed as well as modding it. even with mine modded I would be sad if the UMD didnt work..