Thread: I'm pretty new to this (Help would be appreciated)

1. #1 I'm pretty new to this (Help would be appreciated) 
    I do apologize in advance as this is my first post, and rather being an introductory one, it is one asking for help. Alas, time is short for me as my family and I are going on a trip that will require quite some time on the plane. Me being practical I worried about the amount of time my PSP would last. It was then that my friend suggested I crack my PSP and take all my games and put them on the memory card as to save battery life. Thinking this a brilliant plan I set about learning how to do such a thing. I made the magic memorystick on an 1GB, so that I could then put my 8GB card loaded with my games. However, this is as far as I have gotten. Here' my current situation:

The PSP is that of the Daxter Entertainment bundle bought some 1-2 years ago. It's firmware was I 'think' just below 3.something. It's currently been updated to 5.50. Now I have been reading around that this system is very hackable and is able to be done without the pandora battery, but as you can see I did something stupid and upgraded to 5.50 thanks to stupid FF: Dissidia. Is my only recourse to now purchase a Pandora and do it that way? Is there any other options I should know? I will be glad to provide any other information needed to expedite this matter. My plane leaves in 9 days.

Elite Bullshitter PSP Elite Hacker Jubbabubba's Avatar
    Didn't bother reading your post much, but you can downgrade your Daxter psp with a Pandora and a MMS. This is also the only way to downgrade, considering you're on 5.50 ofw.

You can either buy a Pandora (Easier and better imo.) or Mod your current battery (You'd have to mod it back afterwards) If you want to hardmod the battery check the Pandora guide in my sig. If you want to buy a Pandora you can get one from Dealextreme.com

As for the MMS you can use the last link in my sig. Just read the readme.txt. simple instructions.

Now I know it can't create a pandora battery, but what if my friend who has a early 2000 model can made a softmod one. Would I be able to use it in mine as a pandora battery, do what I need to, then we convert it back for him?

The King Of Chinatown PSP Elite Hacker Geek's Avatar
    if he's motherboard can make a pandora (check my sig on psp hackability) and he must have CFW then yes he can make a pandora for you, and then when done you can convert it back

I'm not a pirate. I am a 21st century Che liberating files from the capitalist overlords.
    How to check if you can mod your PSP

Thanks MZ for a sleek sig!

Ok, so I have my friends PSP, it's a 1st gen White japanese psp with a PSP-110 3.6V 1800mAh. Will this be able to be pandorized so I can use it in my PSP? He's currently running 5.00 M33-6 on it.
    Last edited by BeyondtheBounds; 09-15-2009 at 01:46 AM.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP em0rox's Avatar
    I know this doesn't help but I just have to ask, you had an 8gig pro duo just sitting around? Usually people decide to backup their games for battery or jsut to have more games with them without a stack of umds FIRST, then buy a pro duo.

Not accusing you of anything, I'm just wondering why, do you take a whole lot of pictures on a sony camera or something? I have a 2gig sd in my camera and it takes months of videos and pictures before I even start thinking about running out of space.
    Last edited by em0rox; 09-15-2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: typo

Well I went out and bought it. I am a bit capricious and get bored of things very quickly. I also watch movies and MV's on it. Also used as my MP3 player. I don't like carrying around a lot of things so I felt it prudent to put everything on there. So I plan to back up my 15 games and media and put it on there. Just this whole process is confusing me so much. I've read 20+ how to guides, but still can barely make heads or tails of it.

Senior Member I Modded My PSP em0rox's Avatar
    Ah yea, I forgot people watch video and listen to music on psps, I have a windows mobile smartphone so I just use that for media and pretty much everything else for that matter... Pretty much anything I do on my pc I can do on my phone. Getting off topic so I'll be on my way.