The Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D will come and will assume all that should have been done by his predecessor. Indeed, the 5.50 GEN-C lived 72 hours, and if for some persons it works, for the other it caused a lot of problems with his crashes.
What up doc, in this news release ?
* All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are avalable.
* Compatibility with games requiring firmware 5.51 with no additional handling (now, you don't need our Game Decrypter)
* Compatibility with most of games normally protected and refusing to be launch on a Custom Firmware (Ful Metal Alchemist, Soul Calibur, etc..). Yoshihiro created a system to run them and he succeed to make this system more stable and inow compatible with all PSP, unlike the 5.50 GEN-C.
* Possibility to connect at the Playstation Store via MEDIAGO to retrieve game and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
Known bugs :
* iR Shell can't no longer launch ISO, but a patch is ready and will be release as soon as possible
* Video playback 480x272 in trouble but a fix is in work
* Option to accelerate the reading of MS is going to be port to 5.50GEN
* If you get a blackscreen when you start the installer, it is that you are in 5.50 GEN-B(1) and not in 5.50 GEN-B2. So update to B2, and install the custom firmware 5.50 GEN-D.
Date and time of the release:
We will release the Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D tomorrow, 21st October 2009, around 8 O'Clock pm (French Time). It will be posted only if we are sure that everything works, but we will tell you tomorrow, throughout the day. Normally, it should not, for once, be late, because everything is ready.