Thread: ATTENTION: fixed GenD installer black screen issue!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 ATTENTION: fixed GenD installer black screen issue! 
    Senior Member PSP Elite Hacker goku2778's Avatar
    *THIS GUIDE IS FOR FULLY HACKABLES ONLY...PLEASE REFER TO THIS GUIDE IF YOU'RE UNSURE OF YOUR SLIM OR HAVE A 3K WITH FIRMWARE 5.03 OR BELOW*:
    http://www.pspmod.com/forums/softwar...kable-2ks.html

*I have now also added the GenD3 installer from my mms with 550.pbp file included and a short readme...it's the link that says "here" under the Gen-D3 installer
    I also just recently discovered a great alternative!! eliminates D3 installation steps*

Updated guide for clarity and more ease of use...there's a new cfw updater to the latest D3, it's called 5.50prometheus, you must be on D3 or D2 1st!
    You can also refer to my 1st guide in my sig for the update and some other perks for 6.20 game play.

FOR THOSE RUNNING 5.50GENA: update to 5.50gen-B2 before going to the GenD cfw's...you can download the B installer here
    place the B updater folder into your game folder, you can get the 550.pbp file from this guide as well, it's listed on the very bottom portion of this guide...once you have that, place the 550.pbp file in the root of your memory stick and then run the updater...once finished, proceed to B2 which is listed below.

FOR THOSE RUNNING 5.50GENB(FULL): some of you may only be running 5.50genB (Full), to run hellcats or even to run the installer for D, you must be on B2. if you're getting errors when opening hellcats and your system says "5.50genB (full)", run the B2 updater...this may have to be done more than once if the error happens again after the B2 flash, it's rare but has happened and needed to be run again.
    you can download the updater here
    just place the updater into your game folder and run it, it's a quick updater.
    then attempt the D installer.

MULTI HOW TO'S FOR INSTALLING D3

GEN-D3 INSTALLER
    download the update here
    -once extracted, open the folder...install as noted in my readme that i provided
    -exit usb mode and run the installer.
    -after install, the system will now say "5.50gen-D3"

My personal alternative...D2 patched by me to 5.50prometheus, no D3 installer needed!
    what are the perks to going this route??
    *no save game corruptions/more solid known installer as well/functioning softmodding abilities within its own cfw*

-D1/D2 installer/updater simply download, the link to D1 is below the D2 tab
    -5.50.pbp
    -simply download the links, place the 550.pbp file into your memory sticks root and the installer and D2 patch updater into your game folder...exit usb and run the D1 installer and then D2 once you reboot.
    -proceed to prometheus update below.

*i have done this method now 2 times, solid and no errors!! for phats, refer to below in my section for softmodding batteries under the B2/D2 area...you must enter recovery via R trigger and not from ultimate vsh menu or it will not softmod your battery*

Hellcats Recovery Flasher: install 5.00m33-6 or D3, recover from a semi brick as well

-download hellcats here
    -download the 500.pbp here
    -hellcats D3 installer pack here
    -dowload the 550.pbp here

For M33-6 installation:
    -extract the hellcats and only worry about the "RECOVERY" folder
    -place the 500.pbp file into the "recovery" folder
    -then place the "recovery" folder into your "game" folder and run it like any other game

-choose to "install cfw of above selected"...which should say 5.00
    -then choose to reset all defaults and let it reflash the psp to 5.00m33-6

For D3 installation:
    -place the recovery folder into your game folder
    -place the 550.pbp file in the root of the stick, not in the recovery folder like the 500.pbp file.
    -place the proper RFP file, for 1000's or 2000's clearly marked, in the root of the stick as well
    -exit usb mode, go to Game>hellcats...On the first option, where you can select the (C)FW version to be
    installed, press "X" until it reads "load from external FW pack", then choose to "install cfw of above selected"
    -then choose to reset all defaults and let it reflash the psp

Using hellcats to repair a semi bricked psp:

if hellcats is already installed onto your memory card:
    -remove the battery, reinstall the battery and power on while holding the R trigger
    -choose the 3rd option: "Run program at PSP>GAME>RECOVERY>EBOOT.PBP

if hellcats is not installed and you're semi bricked already:
    -remove the battery, reinstall the battery and power on while holding the R trigger
    -choose the 1st option: "toggle usb" and plug into the pc via usb...go back to how to install hellcats and then previous step to activate while in Recovery menu noted above

Latest updater for D3...prometheus
    5.50prometheus
    -simply download it, extract it and place it in your PSP>GAME folder...then run it and go test your 6.20 games
    -your system settings will now say you're on 5.50prometheus

just like D3 gives a purple screen when auto decrypting, this one will give a red screen.

Save Data corruptions?? try this:
    D3 patch
    -some of you get this error after going to D3, simply install into your Game folder and run it...if you flashed D3 and then updated to prometheus and got this error, simply run this patch but then you must reflash the prometheus updater again...i tested this and it still said "5.50prometheus" in my system info, but failed to auto decrypt anymore.

MMS Creation & Pandora Operations:
    link for rains mms maker:
    Rains mms maker
    -download Rains programmer only, the 500.pbp file seems to have been failing recently, instead get it from here
    -after you extract them, place the maker program, looks like a memory card, and 500.pbp file in the same folder so you see them at the same time (i prefer the open desktop)
    -run the programmer, choose to format your card (backup anything important on it)
    -click make mms
    -when finished: insert the mms, hold L button, insert pandora battery and choose to install cfw 5.00m33

Another option i found while using the mms:
    -after creating the mms, you can install the D installer onto the magic stick as well by placing the UPDATE folder into the game folder on the magic stick and the 550.pbp file into the root of the mms
    -after the update is there and the mms is ready to go:
    -insert the mms, hold L trigger, insert the pandora battery...choose to "test m33" and the psp will reboot emulating 5.00m33-4
    -go to your games, the D3 updater will be there, then run it...i did this just before making this other option and worked like a charm, which is why it's now added to here.
    *tested this method on ofw's 1.5 & 6.20*

Making your mms to flash install 5.50gen D3 instead of m33-4:
    -place the D installer on the magic stick as noted above
    -open the installer and choose to "Install XGEN PANDORA V5", takes a few seconds
    -your mms is now made to install 5.50gen-D/D3 instead of flashing 5.00m33-4
    -mms inserted, hold L, insert pandora and choose to install Gen-D/D3...tested and verified by myself on a phat running ofw 6.20 using the D3 installer.

PANDORA BATTERY SOFT MODDING: (works on all phats and 1st edition slims with the TA-085V1 motherboard...once created, go back to 1st case above and use the magic stick)

Using hellcats to create a pandora

-open hellcats
    -choose the last option to create pandora battery...when finished using it as a pandora, reverse it by so:
    -remove the battery, connect the AC and power on, once the main screen is up, insert the battery back in
    -go back into hellcats and the last option will now say make battery normal

Ultimate VSH menu plugin:
    -download it here
    -after extraction, copy the "vshmenu.prx" file and paste it into your "seplugins" folder in the root of your memory stick
    *Do not use the "readme's" version of what to write in the vsh.txt file, it is wrong*
    -this is the proper way the vsh.txt file should be written and you should just copy and paste this since it is correct:
    ms0:/seplugins/vshmenu.prx
    -go to recovery, battery out, reinstall battery, hold R and power on, go to plugins and enable ultimate vsh menu...exit and reboot
    -operate by using the select button like normal VSH menu operations but will have many more, including pandora/normal soft mod capabilities.

Using your 5.50genB/D2 cfw's for softmodding:
    -remove your battery
    -attach the AC cord and power on while holding the R trigger
    -now you're in recovery mode, go to advanced and you'll see the options for making a pandora or normal battery...install the battery and choose your option, this goes the same for making a pandora or normal battery once changed.

Using psp tool for softmodding and magic stick creation:
    -download psp tool here
    -install it into your game folder
    -run the program and choose your option
    *if you're going to use this program to perform your mms creations, download the 500.pbp file that i provided in this guide, place it in the root of the memory stick...choose memory stick options, format memory stick (i recommend this when making a mms), then create magic memory stick, then the last option to install DC v8 (5.00m33-4)
    once completed, it will ask to change your battery into the pandora state with a bunch of FFFFFFFFFFF's for the serial #, i chose no, then next it will ask to hold the key(s) to activate the mms with a pandora, i held L till it said completed...if you do as i did, it will operate by mms inserted, hold L, insert pandora*
    Last edited by goku2778; 07-06-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    [CENTER]

Junior Member PSP User borikua954's Avatar
    good shit!!!!! i finished hacking my 2nd psp following your instructions works everytime....

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Stgdemon's Avatar
    with D2, do you have to do the whole "A>B>C>D>D2" route? Just currious, on B2 and was thinking of upgradeing.
    Made Switchable Pandora
    Piano Black slim with Undead Decal
    Firmware Piano Black 3.82>3.71M33>4.01M33-2>5.00M33-6>5.50GEN-B2 ~
    Red GoW addition 3.71>3.72m33-2>5.00m33-6 ~
    Grey 4.01>5.00m33-6

UV Trigger and door LED's

no...if you're on B2, just install the GenD installer, in my sig, and after it reboots, just run the quick updater D2...then you're set

i went straight from 5.00m33-6 to GenD and then patched to D2...so have others without issue...borikua can vouch for me on that, i helped him update his boys slim last night from ofw to 4.01m33 to 5.00m33-6 to GenD2, all through text messages lol
    [CENTER]

i can defenitly vouch goku2778 helped me hack my friends slim psp through txt message and it worked with no problems or bricking the psp he knows his stuff just follow his rules you should have no problems hacking or updating your phat/slim psp.....

Senior Member I Modded My PSP Stgdemon's Avatar
    Good times, will do this and let you know how it goes (been haveing problems with B2, sometimes the psp will start with no sound, and it will stay off till you do a hard reset).
    Made Switchable Pandora
    Piano Black slim with Undead Decal
    Firmware Piano Black 3.82>3.71M33>4.01M33-2>5.00M33-6>5.50GEN-B2 ~
    Red GoW addition 3.71>3.72m33-2>5.00m33-6 ~
    Grey 4.01>5.00m33-6

UV Trigger and door LED's

upgrade to the D2 should fix that problem i have 2 psp here both on D2 runs with no problems

thanks Dan (borikua)...
    Stgdemon...let me know if you any of issues...i've never had that issue either on B2...but would definitely try a hellcats reflash of 5.00m33-6 like i posted in the fix
    [CENTER]

Junior Member PSP User
    I didn't even see this, thanks GOKU will try.

Junior Member PSP User
    Looks good Goku I will try it soon and let you know how it went I need to find all these things listed and use them.

Quote Originally Posted by iPenguin2 View Post
    You don't need to go through the revisions, or even be on GEN to get to GEN-D.
    Thats why Yoshihiro made teh XGEN Installer, if you watch it install, it formats the flash0. Which means you can update from any firmware, kinda works like Recovery Flasher.

Then use the D2 Quick Updater to patch it.
    yes, but a few people on here (then including myself as stated above with my nephews phat 5.50gen-B2) when the xgen installer was placed into the proper folders, 550.pbp in the root, click on the installer to run as you stated...it gave a black screen and did nothing at all...i had to pull the battery 3 times to reboot the psp back to the normal screen.

so yes you're right, 100% on using the installer at any firmware level but there were a few black screens happening to people trying to run it...so that's why i had to go the route i did to get it installed, plus i did all this why out of the house and no pc to use, so i used the tools and apps that i carry with my psp all the time:
    pandora/512mb mms also with hellcats, genA, B, B2 updaters/32mb ms with XGEN D installer and D2 updater

i know you can also change the magic stick to install the XGEN D instead of flashing 5.00m33-4...but i never changed that nor wanted to, i like to stick to what always worked for me
    [CENTER]

12. #12 Fixed! 
    Junior Member PSP User
    I was one of the people GOKU was referring to. I had a good working PSP but after flashing it with Gen D it got bricked.

Really tried alot of things, anything a noob can think of and was really on the verge of desperation.

So i'm really glad GOKU made this thread. My PSP is alive and running again while yesterday i was seriously thinking of throwing it away. Just follow step by step what is said in the first post and everything will be fine.

yea just read goku threads everything you need is in his sig....

14. #14 Battery problem....help! 
    Goku2778,

I followed your instruction to go from 5.0 M33-6 to 5.5 Gen D2 (used your links for files as well, so thanks!). All went well. I tried to create a pandora battery (just in case) before updating from 5.0 M33-6, using hellcat v1.6 BUT i restored it to a normal battery as i realized that the psp might not start up after updating.

But now that i'm on 5.5 Gen D2, and i turn the psp off, it doesn't turn back on with the battery. i get a blank screen. However, if i remove the battery, and use the power jack to turn the psp on, it's fine, and i can then put the battery back. Now correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this how a pandora battery behaves??

Need help in how to get my battery back to normal again. Does hellcat v1.6 work with 5.5 Gen D2? is there any other solution? is there any way to confirm if the battery is currently normal or pandora? Thanks for your help in advance man!

Quote Originally Posted by goku2778 View Post
    no...if you're on B2, just install the GenD installer, in my sig, and after it reboots, just run the quick updater D2...then you're set

i went straight from 5.00m33-6 to GenD and then patched to D2...so have others without issue...borikua can vouch for me on that, i helped him update his boys slim last night from ofw to 4.01m33 to 5.00m33-6 to GenD2, all through text messages lol

haseebuz...glad you installed it and that went well...
    ok, if you're getting green led with battery and black screen and normal operation with the battery removed, your battery is still a pandora...

yes: hellcats works on 5.50gen-D2...so yes you can use that
    you can also use the Gen firmware to reverse it...by doing so:
    keep your battery out
    plug in AC adapter
    hold R and power up into recovery mode
    go to advanced
    reinsert battery
    choose make battery normal
    exit
    then power down your psp fully again by holding your power button up till it shuts off (i say this to test the battery function since it reboots when exiting recovery mode)
    then power on with battery only...let me know how you make out
    Last edited by goku2778; 11-16-2009 at 11:49 AM.
    [CENTER]

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast